This is the Message Centre for Blues Shark - For people who like this sort of thing, then this is just the sort of thing they'll like

"Gonna get me some cardboard boxes,

Post 1

Blues Shark - For people who like this sort of thing, then this is just the sort of thing they'll like

And you know what those boxes are for."

Apparently to enable me to join the middle-classes. Having moved back into a flat I lived in for ten years, (albeit we now own it outright and the other previous occupant has decamped to Peterborough), I am informed I know live in a 'maisonette'! It doesn't get much more middle class than that.

Moving really is knackering, though we managed it on our todd, with a little help from Matthew, the man with a van. But I'm kind of glad to be back at work today, as I can have a rest from the sheer physicality of lumping boxes and bits of furniture.

Not sure I ever want to see the inside of another Ikea for a bit, bt I suspect it will be inevitable.

I also do not wish to discuss rugby or cricket today, though at least Freddie's boys have an excuse. Though I am more than happy to discuss the relative merits of Barcelona, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Charlton.

smiley - shark

Post 2

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

A flat is now a 'maisonette'. eh? I thought the posh word for 'flat' was 'apartment', but there we go.

Never been inside an Ikea, no immediate plans to do so.

smiley - ale

Post 3

Phil

And I thought you were to go off into the world of modern art, a la Racheal Whiteread smiley - winkeye

Post 4

Blues Shark - For people who like this sort of thing, then this is just the sort of thing they'll like

Mm, no. That would have been my last journal entry about boxes... smiley - winkeye

I have no objection to Ikea per se, and most of their furniture is at the vastly superior end of the flat pack scale (ever built anything from Argos?smiley - grr). I just object to their stores which are hellish in the extreme.

smiley - shark

Post 5

badger party tony party green party

The smart move is to go in through the out door and simply buy several bottles of summer fruits and pear cider, take them home and get legless. Experienced this way Ikea is as close to heaven as I have ever known.

Well apart from that one day at a womens football tournament when I was asked by one team memeber "Its really hot do you boys mind if we take our tops off and walk around in our bras"

smiley - rainbow

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Blues Shark - For people who like this sort of thing, then this is just the sort of thing they'll like

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more