This is the Message Centre for Blues Shark - For people who like this sort of thing, then this is just the sort of thing they'll like

In a sense, it all started with a box...

Post 1

Blues Shark - For people who like this sort of thing, then this is just the sort of thing they'll like

So says the explanatory blurb accompanying the latest work of Rachel Whiteread at the Tate Modern. I'm *pretty* sure I could have worked that out for myself, being as the entire thing is masses of white plastic castings of boxes.

I suppose it's interesting enough, but hardly 'exciting' as I heard one observer exclaim. It's certainly not on the same level as hsome of her previous work, most noticeably the concrete casting of a house, which I really rather liked.

Overall, we agreed that mostly one expected a giant size Dougall to come along and snarf up all the sugerlumps...

smiley - shark

Post 2

Whisky

smiley - rofl

Come back the Goodies, all is forgiven! smiley - biggrin

Having seen it only on TV I'm actually quite curious and would like to see the work in real life - if only to see the scale of the piece.

(It's got to be better than a garden shed anyway!)

Post 3

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Now I'm going to have nightmares about a 80ft Dobermann, ta for that Blues. smiley - winkeye

smiley - ale

Post 4

azahar

Reddyfreddy sent this in awhile ago - taken and sent to me by mobile phone. Technology, eh? Anyhow, I thought it looked quite interesting.

http://public.fotki.com/azahar/h2g2_friends/rfembankment4.html

az

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Blues Shark - For people who like this sort of thing, then this is just the sort of thing they'll like

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more