This is the Message Centre for Eddy Fate

Hey Eddy....

Post 1

Crescent

...hee smiley - smiley I feel like Caid Foster smiley - smiley Hmmmm, sorry I am just popping by to say hello and welcome you to h2g2, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy : Sol III Edition smiley - smiley I am an Assistant Communtiy Editor, just offering my help, if you need any, to get you settled in smiley - smiley If you do have any problems with, or questions about the site, then click 'reply' below and fire away smiley - smiley I shall do what I can to make your entrnace to h2g2 as smooth as possible smiley - smiley Well, until later...
BCNU - Crescent

Hey Eddy....

Post 2

Eddy Fate

Hi Crescent! As you can probably tell from my journal entries, I joined h2g2 just as my life took a rocky turn, but I plan to be more pithy and witty in the coming weeks! smiley - winkeye

The main question I have at the moment is that I'm a little confused on how a Guide entry becomes an Edited Guide Entry. I've heard that there's some kind of "voting procedure" - what's up with that?

- Eddy Fate

Hey Eddy....

Post 3

Crescent

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you, but the weekend and all smiley - smiley OK a Guide Entry now has to go through Peer Review to become an Edited Guide Entry. What happens is that you go to the Peer Review page, make a new conversation with the Axxxxxx number of your Entry, and the title in the subject. Then put a link to the page in the body, and why you reckon it should be become Edited. Anybody passing by then goes and has a wee look, if they want, and comments on it. If the comments are good, or have good suggestions, and you update the Entry, eventually a Scout will come along. The Scout sees that it is a cracker of an Entry and puts it forward to TPTB. TPTB then say yay or nay, and it is passed to the SubEds, or rejected smiley - smiley I hope this gives some idea of what happens smiley - smiley If it is too vague or rambley, just yell, and I will try and clear it up smiley - smiley Well, until later....
BCNU - Crescent

Hey Eddy....

Post 4

Eddy Fate

WOW! That's an involved process, but considering the quality of the Edited Entries, I can see why! Thank you for clearing that up, Crescent, and I hope you had a good weekend!

- Eddy Fate

Hey Eddy....

Post 5

Crescent

It was pretty good smiley - smiley and honest, it is not as complicated as all that smiley - smiley Until later....
BCNU - Crescent

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Eddy Fate

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more