This is the Message Centre for Elvis (the King) Mirani:Drinker of Chai, Abuser of Caffiene(in whatever form), Chaser of Chicks and Lover of Bombay (Mumbai now)

From 'lifting to ... picking up?

Post 1

Martin Harper

So you wanna rescue a conversation, huh? smiley - winkeye
Actually, I'm a big fan of C&B too - though not an exper like yourself... it's got a certain cute charm smiley - smiley
There's nothing wrong with reaaalllly emphasising words - but it's cooler to do it like *this* or *THIS* or _perhaps_like_this_
Or just use different types of emphasis ... use ... long ... *pauses* ... *pauses some more* ... gaps between words... smiley - smiley

Post 2

Elvis (the King) Mirani:Drinker of Chai, Abuser of Caffiene(in whatever form), Chaser of Chicks and Lover of Bombay (Mumbai now)

OK. now that i've gone back, read my earlier message (you know, the miserable attempt to save a sinkng conversation, which seems like it might, just *might* have worked) and know what you're talking about, I um....I'll think of something.
I've had a good day thus far
I woke up at 1 (1300 hours), watched Sabrina, and now I'm watching cricket (we're playing australia)
So, where are you from (country city etc)?

Post 3

Martin Harper

long live the weekend, eh? smiley - smiley Though I can't say I like cricket - always moved much to slow for me... smiley - sadface

currently @ Cambridge in UK, myself - you?

Post 4

Elvis (the King) Mirani:Drinker of Chai, Abuser of Caffiene(in whatever form), Chaser of Chicks and Lover of Bombay (Mumbai now)

ohmigosh!
A brit who doesn't like cricket?
Okay, so that isn't exactly the rarest thing in the world, but it IS kind of strange for me, given that you schmucks invented the game. (schmuck being a term of endearment, of course)
I live in Bombay (Mumbai now), India, and we (India) beat australia by 20 runs today.
Do people in Cambridge do anything besides study and teach?
In other words, are you a student?
Assuming you are, what are you studying, and jeez, you must be really bright to have got into Cambridge.
bet they have really cool goth architecture, though.

Post 5

Martin Harper

I'm a student - there are people with real jobs here - various affiliated companies do research, some high-tech startups - and all the support stuff - shops, restaurants, clubs - the normal. But not me smiley - smiley

I'm not that bright - just lucky - and good at conning examiners and interviewers... hehe - but out in my part of cam, it's mainly modern art - and the architecture has been described as "New Parking Lot" - the gothic stuff is more in the center smiley - smiley

Post 6

I'm pretty good at conning interviewers too
In other words, I lie.
"No Ma'am, I dont have any problem with authority"
"Yes sir, I generally follow instructions"
Well, you get the general idea.

Annnnyway, what are you studying at Cambridge?
Ooo, let me guess: English!
I mean, isn't that all you guys do?
Oh, wait, I'm being incredibly presumptious.
Nevermind then
Oh, and by the way, how old are you?

Post 7

Martin Harper

heh - not even close - Computer Science... smiley - smiley

I'm 21 - how about you?
And what do you do with life, besides have fun... smiley - winkeye

Post 8

Computer science?
another one!
neat
I'm um....lets' just say i'm in my late teens, and if I stayed in the US, i could watch R rated movies and drive cars but I couldnt buy booze.
(17, i'm 17)

As for what I do with my life apart from have fun? let's see.
I feel guilty about not studying (sometimes), watch a lot of cartoons on the everlovin Cartoon Network (do you get that?) and oh yeah, sometimes I go to college. Though I haven't attended a single lecture all year, and thats a matter of great pride for me (insert BROAD grin here)
Ocassionally I leave the city, like say, for example, next tuesday, when I'm going to this desert state (Rajasthan) to an engineering college there (the 5th best in India) for their annual college fest, which is basically a 120 hour party with loads of competetions, cash prizes, and where celibacy is endangered (or so they say)
In order to achieve this nirvana though, I must miss 3 college exams.
hmm..lets see....exams...fun...exams...fun.
tough choice.(heh)

Post 9

Still alive, ol' girl?

Post 10

Martin Harper

old? who are you calling old? :-P Don't struggle so to keep a conversation alive - soon you'll have more than you can deal with ;-) If you wanted, for example, you could come visit the orgy of a friend of mine... http://www.h2g2.com/F47299?thread=80934&latest=1 ;-)

Post 11

Did the message before "still alive, ol' girl"? not get posted?
In case, you didn't here it is
If you did, um...I don't know...surprise me

Computer science?
another one!
neat
I'm um....lets' just say i'm in my late teens, and if I stayed in the US, i could watch R rated movies and drive cars but I couldnt buy booze.
(17, i'm 17)
As for what I do with my life apart from have fun? let's see.
I feel guilty about not studying (sometimes), watch a lot of cartoons on the everlovin Cartoon Network (do you get that?) and oh yeah, sometimes I go to college. Though I haven't attended a single lecture all year, and thats a matter of great pride for me (insert BROAD grin here)
Ocassionally I leave the city, like say, for example, next tuesday, when I'm going to this desert state (Rajasthan) to an engineering college there (the 5th best in India) for their annual college fest, which is basically a 120 hour party with loads of competetions, cash prizes, and where celibacy is endangered (or so they say)
In order to achieve this nirvana though, I must miss 3 college exams.
hmm..lets see....exams...fun...exams...fun.
tough choice.(heh)

Post 12

Martin Harper

Nope I got it - but didn't see anything I could respond to immediately - sometimes my mind draws a blank...

hmm - surprise you...
*runs up and kisses Elvis*

So I take it you picked fun? do tell how it turned out... smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Elvis (the King) Mirani:Drinker of Chai, Abuser of Caffiene(in whatever form), Chaser of Chicks and Lover of Bombay (Mumbai now)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more