A Conversation for Society for Creative Anachronism

SCA

Post 1

Anya

Most SCA events are loads of fun, with plenty of drinking, dancing, and . . . . need I remind you of the other thing that SCA stands for:

Society for Consenting Adults.

SCA

Post 2

Tigress

Society of Consenting Adults is for sure! I've met some of the most kinky people in the SCA.

But the fighting is soo much fun, there is nothing like getting in full armor and hitting men with big sticks. It just makes me go wild!

SCA

Post 3

Anya

I couldn't agree more.

SCA

Post 4

Guardian_007

What Kingdom are you in? We here in Ealdormere are pretty tame.

- In service to the Quest for Knowledge,
William of Ealdormere

SCA

Post 5

Anya

Well, let me qualify, and say that I'm more on the fringes of the SCA - attend an event here or there but not a dedicated member.

Meridies, in answer to your question.

SCA

Post 6

Guardian_007

Ah, down south!
I have heard a little about what goes on down there.
Whenever the conversation drifts towards such things, I am usualy sent to fetch something and miss the good bits. smiley - sadface

SCA

Post 7

Anya

Ahhh - well, the person I was with at the last event I went to insisted on leaving before feast. I missed out on the - um - good stuff. smiley - winkeye

SCA

Post 8

Guardian_007

I'm always long gone before the... good stuff would be happening. I have been informed that when it comes to Wine, Women and Song, I am allowed to sing as much as I want. That's what I get for going to events where there is a responsible adult watching me!

SCA

Post 9

Cenchrea

I'm sooooo glad that I found the SCA. (Or did they find me?) It was one of those things that I'd always wanted to do, but didn't quite know how to go about it by my little lonesome self, and had never heard of any groups that did anything of that sort where I come from. (Does the SCA even technically exist in Hawaii?)

SCA

Post 10

Guardian_007

I have armour! I only need one more piece and then I'll be ready to fight! My favorite part is my new gauntlet. I have a list of people I want to challange now that I can do it properly. Some I will throw down the gauntlet, others I'll slap them in the face (If you had ever met those people, you would want to do it to).

SCA in HI

Post 11

Baron Berwyn

Barony of Western Seas Hawai'i http://www.geocities.com/westernseas/
Canton of CastleNorth Northeastern O'ahu, Hawai'i
Canton of Bard's Keep Western O'ahu, Hawai'i
Canton of Torvald Southeastern O'ahu (including Honolulu), Hawai'i
Canton of the Valley Azure Maui, Hawai'i

Berwyn AEthelbryght of Ackley, CB
Rudivale, Northshield (Grand Forks, ND)

SCA in HI

Post 12

Researcher 209673

Well met!

Baron Berwyn, congratulations on Their Most Draconic Magesties' offical recognition of your excellence! Who would have thought that Aboz the Undtidy would have come so far?

Cenchreav, as a fomer Midrealmer who spent well over two years in Western Seas, I can tell you that the SCA is alive and well there (or was 10 years ago!) and the locals are great folks.

By all means, hook up with them. If Melusine is still around, tell her I said "HI!" Where are you at in Hawai'i?

Grimmund

SCA in HI

Post 13

MorganaVandya

Greeting and well met! I am glad to hear the the SCA is doing well in Hawaii!. Our Kingdom of Ansteorra is very much alive and well in the mundane world. We are having events, demos and are always looking for new people who want to play.smiley - magic

SCA

Post 14

Researcher 209751

I've been a member for over 11 years and will be ever grateful for my SCAdian Family. The Kingdom of An Tir is the finest home any history lover could find. Welcome, newcomers and Thank You to my extended Family!

SCA

Post 15

Researcher 209759

I would be carfull. Don't pick the wrong guy. Some of us are martial artist who fight at full speed with sticks twice a week and the armor is just a way to fight full contact full speed withouit accumulating the injuries that fighting at that level would normally produce. In other words you might get treated like a tent peg. I cannot remember how many "martial artist" that talk about how good they will do in the SCA as fighters. What they don't think about is that they have little experience fighting at full speed with nothing held back, not to mention being weighed down by about 30lbs+ of armor and their center of gravity raised a few inches by the helm.

The SCA also stands for Sword Carrying Alcoholics.

SCA

Post 16

Researcher 209842

Ah...now be careful what you say....

Ealdormere is reknown across the Known World for their friendly folk, their joyus songs, and their merry making and to say that we are "tame"...well then you have never been to The Barony of Skraeling Althing. They take the word "Party" to a whole new level up there.

And I would also suggest you think twice before you "slap" anyone with that gauntlet. This is a game of honour and respect... and if you cant remember that while you are on the list then you do not belong out there.

Sarnac Ba'adur KSCA
Count
Ealdormere

SCA

Post 17

Micaylah

Well said Sarnac. And I'll take your comment on Skraeling Althing as a compliment. ;}

SCA

Post 18

Researcher 209842

It was meant as one, my dear.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Society for Creative Anachronism

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more