A Conversation for "Para os Sobreviventes"

Para Os Sobrevivientes

Post 1

Researcher 152440

This must be in portugues, and yes I can understand it. It's amazing to me that I can. The drift goes that two souls were near the ocean, they saw a shooting star, they made a wish to be transported to a beautiful universe. And their wish was granted in shades of shimmering blue, and the universe shined upon their souls
They lived happily ever after?????
If it is close, let me know.
Worlds of Love,
JLC the TTP
psst: Title translates "For Us the Excellent Ones"??? or For us the survivors?

Para Os Sobrevivientes

Post 2

Kumetanzuka the capricious

Thank you - I thought as well that it must be in portugues, but as the closest I come to understanding it is some Spanish, a tiny bit of Latin, and a good French base, only bits and pieces of it were clear to me. You helped enlighten me though.

What's interesting is that poetry doesn't need translation - in fact, poetry often resists translation entirely - it doesn't need it to be beautiful to those who don't understand the language.

I don't know whether it's because inwardly we understand instinctively, or because the language itself is beautiful with or without the meaning.

~8~

Para Os Sobrevivientes

Post 3

Researcher 152440

Dearest 8,
Lovely number, lovely sentiments. Keep in touch, I need more loveliness in my life.
Worlds of Love,
JLC the TTP

Para Os Sobrevivientes

Post 4

Hey JLC,

What does JLC and TTP stand for?

By the way, my name is Kumetanzuka or as most people around here call me, Lady K. The ~8~ is there because it's the closest keyboard character to the Infinity symbol (which is essentially an 8 lying sideways). My favourite number, actually, is nine.

What a coincidence. I also need more loveliness in my life smiley - smiley

Thanks for responding. Hope to hear from you,
Lady K
~8~

Para Os Sobrevivientes

Post 5

Researcher 152440

Dearest 8,
JLC the TTP = the first 3 letters are the initials of my given name,the TTP, stands for The Total Package. I am presently living in Fairhope, Alabama. I love languages and speak, English, French and Spanish. I am a romantic, which I have found out translates to idealistically unatainable love which is inevitably a tragic set of circumstances. Spiritually, I have much too much empathy for others and tend to carry their burdans along with my own. In olden times, they would have diagnosed me with a personality prone to melancholia.
Because of this, I need beauty, serenity, and a warm climate near the sea to offset my emotional tendencies. Of course, I am female, studying languages and hope to teach and do my Ph.D. in linguistics. I am very interested in French & Spanish Poetry and Literature of the Golden Age. I am also an aromatherapist and take pleasure in flowers, their essential oils and healing propertiers in my massage therapy practice. The physical work of Classic Sweedish Massage and the intellectual work of my academic pursuits help to keep my life in balance. The name of my company is A Balancing Touch.
I hope to contribute to the Guide and continue to become computer literate. I miss my iMac SE right now and hope we will soon be reunited. I am staying with a girlfriend who is helping me in a time of transition. I do the laundry, cook, ect, and go to school at night.
She works as an RN case manager for an HMO,in the day and has had a back injury.
Things are working out fine.
Keep smiling and thinking Happy Thoughts for me. I send you the lovliness of a blue sky with fluffy white clouds that look like sheep then fade into a sheer blanket streaking through the sky; at first transparent then as the sun sets turn into shades of pink, violet and golden orange as it drops below the horizon to rest and shine upon you wherever you may be and create your own personal rainbow of a day.
Worlds of Love,
JLC the TTP

Para Os Sobrevivientes

Post 6

Kes

smiley - smiley .... and good to see you again, JLC.

Para Os Sobrevivientes

Post 7

Researcher 152440

Faites des beau reves, mon amor.
Merci, Bon soir et Au revoir....
WOL,
JLC the TTP

Para Os Sobrevivientes

Post 8

Kes

Je dors ...
Je reve de toi ...
Je t'adore ....
Mais je me reve(ille)

smiley - winkeye

Para Os Sobrevivientes

Post 9

*all warm and squishy inside*

Thank you so much for the words, JLC. You wouldn't believe (or perhaps you would) how much they brightened my morning.

A lot of what you have described of yourself was almost... well I don't know, but it was uncanny. A little like reading my autobiography but not remembering having written one?

I live in big bustling Toronto, Ontario, currently, where I'm attending 1st-year University. Home is comparatively calm London (no no! Ontario! not England). I am majoring currently in English, but it was and is a difficult decision... I love so many things, it was hard to choose. I decided that I want to teach communication as a whole. Not just English, but other languages and language skills such as writing, speaking, understanding, listening, watching... as well as communication through the arts, various technologies, and any other media through which communication and understanding may be achieved. I speak fairly fluent French, limited Spanish, and a tiny bit of German. The romance languages are probably my favourites, though I also love Erse Gaelic very much.

I too am a romantic, and your description of yourself as such was almost frighteningly similar to what my own would be.

<>

I am currently trying to move past the consequences of this state of being, and slowly, slowly making some progress - which seems to me to be set back at every couple of steps by some new occurence...
I also long to be in a warm climate, but I still love my Canada dearly - not patriotically, but just with a sense of cultural affection... ? I love that Canada is diverse, and resilient, and interesting, not only in its lands, but its people and its history.

I think I would like to visit Monaco - to see if it is the sort of place I'd like to live - warm, friendly, fun... ?

I am passionate about many things, one of the most important to me being music - incidentally a form of communication. I am looking to balance all of the aspects of my life, all the things I love and wish for, so that I can be happy and prosperous and industrious, and contribute to the world all at once.

Hm, I have not as yet seen any benefit to the Mac OS over PC, other than it comes in a MUCH nicer-looking, more convenient package, and I hear it's better for graphic design and such. But to each her own - and I am learning to appreciate the Mac, though I still stick by my PC fiercely.

I too am hoping to be able to contribute to the Guide; I have 2 projects on the go right now. That fact, and this new thing of living on my own, with my own computer, are definitely forcing me to improve my computer and internet literacy! I think you'll find that if you try to create a page to suit your particular style, it motivates you to learn about how these things work.

I'm glad things are going well for you. I have never visited Fairhope, or anywhere else in Alabama, so I don't know whether you are in city or country - but here is a thought that will hopefully be welcome in either. Wishing you the peace and serenity of a calm quiet night on an open beach, where the stars in the sky touch the stars in the sea, where the horizon blurs to form a continuum of soft light, and where the only sounds are the sounds of the earth and sea, the songs of the stars, and the whisperings of your own sweet thoughts. Take that calm with you throughout the day, a place where you can go when you need to re-find your peace.

Lady K
~8~

Para Os Sobrevivientes

Post 10

And by the way, if I have not mentioned it to either of you, you are both beautiful crafters of language. Reading your words is like real live portions of soul-food.

~8~ (infinity on the wing)

Para Os Sobrevivientes

Post 11

Kes

smiley - blush Thanks!

Para Os Sobrevivientes

Post 12

AnnaNorseGoddess

Pour Kes de Jon-lynnette

Mais je suis toujour la!

Je vais te faire compredre
ce que c'est d'adorais
(Je ne peu pas continue)
C'est trop!
Je vais t'envoyer
L'amour dans un gros paquet
Groses Bises
Toujours j'aurais envie de toi
tu esprit et non seulement de cours
Mon amour

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for "Para os Sobreviventes"

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more