This is the Message Centre for gelfling

fed up

Post 1

kochanski

Hi Gelfling, remember me? I discovered this site just after the demise of DNA and was excited. I thought, great, lots of other interesting people to talk to, and I already have lots in common with them. I started off hopeful, writing to lots of people, going lots of places, but I've been away a month and on my return...all my converstaions say 'no replies' or 'last reply months ago' - does nobody bother to make friends around here? I want to be involved, how do I do that?
Any ideas?
Kochanski
PS Heard any more about the Bakula series of ST? I only know it will be before TOS so more challenges with the emerging technology. Sounds interesting.

fed up

Post 2

gelfling

Kochanski!

Welcome back!

Of course I remember you! I know what you mean about those "no posts" messages...makes you spit, doens't it? Actually, what often happens is that people start up conversations, one will go missing a while and the other person doesn't know and just thinks the first doesn't want to talk anymore, so the conversation drops dead...(It's happened quite a few times to me, to be honest!) But it seems you are involved, as you started up the conversation again! Good for you.

To be more involved in H2G2, there's the way you've been doing (writing lost of folks) but there's also the weekly talking points, the H2G2 "newsletter" thingy,and becoming a scout or sub-editor or something (though that requires some work, I'm led to understand)

As for the Scott Bakula Star Trek, it starts this coming Wednesday, with Bakula as the Captain (Jonathan Archer). I've heard it takes place 100 years or so before TOS. Archer is trying to get the federaiton to let him and a crew Test-fly the enterprise (or something lke that), they have an encounter with a klingon that they're supposed to transport or something, whom they lose. I also know that they're sort of playing up the cheesy low-tech look and that there's going to be a female vulcan. I can't wait, I haven't watched ST since TNG.

As for Hitchhikers, there's an updated "Pocket Essentials" book coming out soon on it that's worth a look if your interested in some of the history, chronology and details/trivia on HHGTG

gelfling

fed up

Post 3

kochanski

Huh. OK.

Kochanski

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for gelfling

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more