A Conversation for Godzilla 2000 - The Film

A432343 - Godzilla 2000

Post 1

The Apprentice

A plot overview and critique of one of the most enjoyable films so far this year!! A sure fire classic...

http://www.h2g2.com/A432343

A432343 - Godzilla 2000

Post 2

The Apprentice

The entry now includes a brief, Spoiler Free overview of the movie along with general review comments and release information.

A432343 - Godzilla 2000

Post 3

The Apprentice

Posted almost two months ago and nobody has come by to say anything nice... even though I added a nice spoiler-free section and stuff. Where have all the Scouts gone... why don't they talk about me anymore?

A432343 - Godzilla 2000

Post 4

The Apprentice

Popped a picture in to see if that would garner some interest. Maybe.

A432343 - Godzilla 2000

Post 5

Administrator-General (5+0+9)*3+0

Okay, I noticed the entry. It's well-written, and told me everything I needed to know about the movie.

But I wonder where the Guide will end up, if it starts including movie reviews. Movies are an important part of Life, the Universe and Everything, but there's so many movies and so little Guide.

A432343 - Godzilla 2000

Post 6

The Apprentice

A quick stab at the Search engine with the keyword "The Film" provides 17 entries already accepted in the Guide on the first two pages of results. It's already happening, so a few more films would seem to be OK... especially stuff like this which is a defining return to a new breed of monster movie.

A432343 - Godzilla 2000

Post 7

rickydazla

Your entry has no intrinsic faults and I too think the guide should include films, but not a review of every single one ever released. Classics, certainly.

I doubt that Godzilla 2000 could ever be categorized as 'classic' though. However, the Godzilla category itself contains dozens of films - perhaps you could do an overall review of all Godzilla films, the best, worst, chessiest etc. etc.

You could go broader still and do Monster flicks in general.

A432343 - Godzilla 2000

Post 8

The Apprentice

The current run of films in the Guide seems to favour general reviews rather than classics. While Citizan Kane is in the gathering of Edited film entries, other classics include: Blade; Galaxy Quest; The Mummy; Dune; Eyes Wide Shut; Space Balls; Pokemon: The First Movie; and The Crow. There you go.

On the matter of a broader Godzilla or monster film subject... hmm. I could go for the standard cry of a few that I have no interest in the other films or other monster movies. But I'd be lying. What I would say is that I don't have the time or inclination to research that widely. I enjoy researching - you should see my recent effort with Wheelie Bins - but this isn't what I wanted to do here. Here I wanted to do a review of the Gozilla 2000 movie. So... only time will tell.

A432343 - Godzilla 2000

Post 9

rickydazla

I didn't look to see what the other films were - I assumed they were classics. I apologise. However, I do think that only classics should be entered and therefore wouldn't recommend this as a guide entry. On the other hand if you did have the time to write an entry on monster films more generally that was as well written as this I would certainly recommend it.

*buggers off to read entry about wheelie bins....*

A432343 - Godzilla 2000

Post 10

Administrator-General (5+0+9)*3+0

Speaking as the guy who first spoke against film reviews here: I got some use out of this particular film review. Now I know what the movie's about, so I don't have to go see it. I'm told that some of my vacation reviews do the same thing for people. B{D>

So, if we want to limit the film reviews here, let's still keep the ones about recent films.

A432343 - Godzilla 2000

Post 11

Jimi X

In the old days, I received the film review of The Mummy and the Matrix to Sub and I asked Anna the same questions that were being discussed here. TPTB didn't have any problem with movie reviews. But the title of the entry should be Film Review - Godzilla 2000 or something like that.

You've got a lot of information, but personally, I'd like to see you put the last bit first and do the plot summary after talking about the whole Godzilla phenomena.

But I don't see any reason why this one shouldn't be considered for inclusion into the Edited Guide. smiley - smiley

- X

A432343 - Godzilla 2000

Post 12

NexusSeven

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A432343

Clearly a labour of... well, love might be a bit strong, but there's definitely a strong degree of affection here. smiley - winkeye

I would recommend broadening the scope of this entry to include the Godzilla as a whole, which might (unfortunately) mean having to lose some of the detail of this particular entry, which would be a shame. An alternative would be to do a smaller entry on each Godzilla film, maybe as a University project.

Is this helpful? smiley - smiley

A432343 - Godzilla 2000

Post 13

Mr. Cogito

Hello,

Well, now I know about that film. In general, I don't have a problem with film reviews, although I know it will be a while until we are ever comprehensive. I do find the idea of general overviews (which can contain mini-reviews) far more appealing. But that's just me. What are we thinking here? I'm just dredging this entry up to see what people still have to say.

Yours,
Jake

A432343 - Godzilla 2000

Post 14

The Apprentice

PLEASE REMOVE FROM PEER REVIEW --- ARTICLE DELETED

Thread Moved

Post 15

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review Sin Bin' to 'Godzilla 2000 - The Film'.

Back to Entry - article deleted by author

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Godzilla 2000 - The Film

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more