A Conversation for Directory of Music-Related Entries

Additions, Corrections, Suggestions

Post 21

h2g2 Musicians Guild

Thanks for the two additional entries, Gnomon. I have added them both to our directory. I also put a link from the Guild's main page to your Clarinet entry.

Removed

Post 22

Gnomon - time to move on

This post has been removed.

Removed

Post 23

Gnomon - time to move on

Post 24

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

Good grief, Gnomon! You're turning into a one man band. smiley - winkeye

I'll try to get your Trombone and Cello entries into the directory sometime today.

Removed

Post 25

Gnomon - time to move on

Removed

Post 26

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Removed

Post 27

Post 28

Gnomon - time to move on

Fragilis,

please add the following two articles to the list of Music-related entries:

A467011 - Richard Wagner
A430822 - How to play the tin whistle

Thanks,
Gnomon.

Post 29

h2g2 Musicians Guild

Gnomon and Loonytunes, the entries you suggested have been added -- along with many others! Don't thank me, though. Thank LadyK, one of our new members. She has decided to volunteer to help the Guild, and I think she's done a super job updating the directory.

If you have any additional suggestions, fire away. Now that I have some assistance, I'm much better able to respond in a timely manner. smiley - smiley

Fragilis

Removed

Post 30

Post 31

Kumetanzuka the capricious

Looneytunes:

Hi - this is Lady K. I've been helping Fragilis to update the directory. I'm just wondering whether, in your opinion, this Entry belongs under Individuals, or Works? It has aspects of a career overview, but since the bulk of it looks at a specific album, I'd guess 'Works'. What do you think?

Lady K

~8~

Post 32

G'day Lady K, welcome to the nightmare.

I guess "Works" would be the correct place for it to live... the name of the album is included in the yarn's title.

Loony

Post 33

Thanks muchly! It should be up soon.

Lady K
~8~

Removed

Post 34

You can call me TC

Post 35

h2g2 Musicians Guild

"You're the One" and Gilbert & Sullivan have been added to the directory, along with a lot of other things! Thanks for letting us know about those two, guys. smiley - smiley

Removed

Post 36

Post 37

h2g2 Musicians Guild

I've added the entry for you, Lady K. It's perfectly okay to have works-in-progress listed in the directory, as long as there is there is already *some* information about that topic in the entry. The whole point of this directory is to include *all* the musical entries, as opposed to listing only those already approved by the Edited Guide.

I couldn't figure out how to add the nifty e in the name, though. Feel free to go back and modify it. smiley - winkeye

Post 38

Hold down alt and type 0233 on the numeric pad at the right of your keyboard

Post 39

Actually for me it's
ALT 130 - oh! the other works just as well. but the lower numbers are easier. Anyway, I'll go to it as soo as I've finished todays work on the entry.

Thanks Frag or Bassman! smiley - biggrin

~8~

Post 40

Gnomon - time to move on

Kumentanzuka,

When you type the Alt character codes starting with a zero, you are using the ANSI character set. This is the one which is displayed by the Character Map program. It has a full set of accented characters. When you type the codes without the initial zero, you are using the original IBM PC Extended Ascii character set which only contains some of the accented characters.

Key: Complain about this post