This is the Message Centre for Researcher 247766

Like a phantom ...

Post 1

Rev Nick { Only the dead are without fear }

You are here every hour that h2g2 is functioning. And even get a new birth-date occassionally.

Are you, perhaps, the shade of Nighthoover? smiley - biggrin

Like a phantom ...

Post 2

The_Apple_Woman...being conscientious & objective

naughty naughty naughty
you haven't got a name/you're only a number...
tsk tsk tsk

Like a phantom ...

Post 3

Ladye_Seagull

My hoover rarely works...

Like a phantom ...

Post 4

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

My hoover is full of dust, I dred the day I have to empty it, I may have to just chuck it out and purchase a new one, or try and find out where the home help/cleaner disappeared off too...

Like a phantom ...

Post 5

Ladye_Seagull

smiley - whistle

Like a phantom ...

Post 6

smiley - ghost

Like a phantom ...

Post 7

*pumps out a few blasts of the olde-fashioned Anti-smiley - ghost Bat Spray ..... smiley - evilgrin*

Like a phantom ...

Post 8

They... he/shee.... it... is still online... but seemingly... no post smiley - weird surely a sign from the h o o v e r smiley - zensmiley - winkeye *gets a can of anti- smiley - ghost spray smiley - yikessmiley - vampire

Like a phantom ...

Post 9

I honestly believe it is a small quirk of the core DNA stuff. This entity is on-line 24/7, ... never posted a word, ... And the date of his/her home-page reflects the last major crash and trash of the system. I have noticed 2 other dates as being their "creation" time, over the last 3 years.

Does the U-number of 247766 become some binary chant for the beknighted 'Nighthoover' do ya suppose?

Like a phantom ...

Post 10

smiley - wow I've noticed the account being online before, but had never realised it were a perminant online smiley - ghostsmiley - weird maybe its a eddy in the space time continium.... perhaps amongst the flotsum and jestum of the WSOGMM its a kind of opening into which some relic of the past, potentially a nighthoovery past has managed, pressumbably by chance, to slip back through from the WSOGMM into the space time coordinates currently occupied by H2G2 smiley - weirdsmiley - huh It must be late... that made no sense to me

Like a phantom ...

Post 11

Oh, I don't know ... It made atleast as much sense as some threads that I've dropped into. smiley - laugh

One day, this most silent of hootoo'ey spectres may speak. The ground will most likely quake, the heavens will open, small beast and fowl will scurry away in fear, trees will uproot, children will quiver under their Nan's skirts. And the most profoundest of wisdom shall be heard.

Or it might simply be a belch of gas, from too many beans. smiley - doh

Like a phantom ...

Post 12

Ladye_Seagull

smiley - ghost there could be another explanation, of course, that certain people are not prepared to admit.

Like a phantom ...

Post 13

smiley - bigeyes Really? I sniff the beginning of a good conspiracy theory ... smiley - evilgrin

Like a phantom ...

Post 14

Oh palest of truths, so demure and obsene, reveal once at last, the truth to be seen
Open the floodgates, reveal thoughts not yet seen, unmask the conspiracy and spill us the beans smiley - zen

Like a phantom ...

Post 15

Ladye_Seagull

Conspiracy? Highly unlikely. It is always best to work with the Truth.

Like a phantom ...

Post 16

That is why we must unmask the conspiracy, see past its thin vail of delicate untruths, until we reveal the larger, brighter and clearer underlaying awe-inspiring all-encompasing truth smiley - zensmiley - erm

Like a phantom ...

Post 17

All a-quiver and trembling, I await clarity, understanding, wisdom.

Well, that and room-service to deliver my supper in this hotel. smiley - erm

Like a phantom ...

Post 18

'All a-quiver and trembling, I await... Useually Master to come and untie me smiley - ermsmiley - handcuffs but the word from the mysterious phantum unposting one would probably do just as well... smiley - zen

Like a phantom ...

Post 19

Ya know, there IS some wisdom in keeping a smiley - handcuffs key on every key-ring you own. I have, since '81 or '82. Not particularly enhancing to an intriguing time with that special one (du jour), but during my military years and occassional assitances with local police authorities, it proved a useful thing.

And one other time, for personal needs, that need not be described here. smiley - winkeye

Like a phantom ...

Post 20

Good plan smiley - magic it might not help with the tightly buckled leather variety or rope... but it'd certinaly come in useful sometimes smiley - ermsmiley - weird maybe the phantom is logged in, handcuffed at their desk and unable to tyep? smiley - ermsmiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Researcher 247766

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more