This is the Message Centre for Researcher 149372

Rottenburg

Post 1

Researcher 149372

You're right, Rottenburg is really the greatest town in Germany.

Rottenburg

Post 2

Lifeform #149970

to be honest, any given location at a distance equal to or less than 15 miles from rottenburg is extremately, annoyingly, extraordinarily boring.
anyway, this is just my very personal impression (you know, i happen to live at this particular place on earth). other people might think in a different way. additionally, rottenburg is, when looking at things like public transportation, super markets and number of foreigners/square-mile, quite a normal town and an equal match to other towns of its size.

i see, i've written way too much and noone will ever read this. however i'll gladly appreciate every single comment on this short text.

Yours sincerely,
Researcher 149970.

Rottenburg

Post 3

Researcher 149372

149970, who are you? Please write to [email protected]

Rottenburg

Post 4

Lifeform #149970

This is not exactly the kind of comment I expected. If you have any further questions, remarks or other concerns, feel free to post it here in the forum. I think we do not have any secrets, have we?
I am willing to reply to your postings asap.
LOL.

-Lifeform #149970

Rottenburg

Post 5

Lifeform #149970

This is not exactly the kind of comment I expected. If you have any further questions, remarks or other concerns, feel free to post it here in the forum. I think we do not have any secrets, have we?
I am willing to reply to your postings asap.
LOL.

-Lifeform #149970

Rottenburg

Post 6

Lifeform #149970

[I apologize for posting the same message twice, and I hope not too have caused too much inconvenience]

Rottenburg

Post 7

Researcher 149372

You do not like the toilette, right?

Rottenburg

Post 8

Lifeform #149970

i cannot say much about the toilette, as i've never really used it. i think these romanian toilettes are rather cold and uncomfortable, so i guess it's a better idea to use public toilettes - yes we actually do have public toilettes (although they are quite dirty and don't smell that good).

greetings from the centre of boredom,
-Lifeform #149970.

Rottenburg

Post 9

Researcher 149372

Hey, dont say anything about Rottenburgs public toilettes. They were build by a father of a friend of mine (a landscapegardener or how this is called) and so they are great.

Rottenburg

Post 10

Lifeform #149970

by the way ... have you ever seen the toilette in the bermuda? (the bermuda is a kind of pub here). i guess no, because if you had you'd be in a urgent need for a toilette every time you'd ever hear or think of the word toilette.

greetings to all people sitting on clean, not smelling toilettes,
-Lifeform #149970.

Rottenburg

Post 11

Researcher 149372

Well, actually Ive seen the toilet in the BERMUDA a lot of times. I really like it: They have the best Kondomat there.

Rottenburg

Post 12

Lifeform #149970

The quality of a toilette does not only depend on the presence of a kondomat I think. Also, if you were a responsible person, you would have bought the kondom prior to going to the bermuda (just for your information, there is one in front of the station and a second one near the police station).

Yours sincerely,
-Lifeform #149970.

Rottenburg

Post 13

Researcher 149372

Ich entschuldige mich offiziell bei dem Sohn des Vaters, der die Rottenburger Toilletten NICHT gebaut hat.

Rottenburg

Post 14

ringo (it's not all right)

may i ask one question?
are you talking of the ladies or the gents toilets in the Bermuda?
or have you experienced both?
For the gents toilets, there are far more comfortable and enjoyable places, indeed but there are worse as well... ever tried the toilet in the Ehgner Eck?

yours always ultra
ringo

Rottenburg

Post 15

Gnomon - time to move on

Is this Rottenburg the same as the Rottenburgh which is the name of a famous serious of Recorders (musical instruments). The Rottenburgh recorder is one of the best of Baroque recorders and is often copied today. Did the original come from this town or is there another town with an almost identical name.

What does the name mean? It sounds mildly amusing in English. What about in German?

Rottenburg

Post 16

You can call me TC

The recorders are probably named after a family name. I can't find the origin of the name Rottenburg, but the town's original Latin name was Sumelocenna.

A history of the town is here: [Broken link removed by Moderator](in German) They certainly have a thing about their toilets!!

Lots of places in that area have the prefix Rott - I am sure the locals know why (a river, a ruling family, from the area perhaps).

If you care to go to the GerManiaConnection Who was Who http://www.h2g2.com/A450299 you will find that a (now definct) researcher called Dorian Gray lives in a place called Rottweil, for example.

You may remember that the governess in "Heidi" was called Rottenmeier. Which is a very non sequitur.

ringo can you tell me what "Rott" means?

*thinks* It may even come from "rot" meaning red - due to the colour of the soil around there or something.

Rottenburg

Post 17

You can call me TC

(now I'm a subeditor I have to be careful) defunct not definct.

Rottenburg

Post 18

don't think you're talking of the same Rottenburg than we. I'm living here for twelve months now but never heard of those musical instruments manufacturers.

Can't tell you where the name is from, but the german word "verrotted" is similar to the english "rotten", so everyone knows what you mean smiley - smiley
But think of Johnny Rotten, hey it's not that bad

Rottenburg

Post 19

No.9

Never tried this one

Rottenburg

Post 20

which one? what do you mean?

btw, hello No. 9

Key: Complain about this post