This is the Message Centre for a girl called Ben

fence sitting

Post 1

halavana

hi agcB,
I've been going back and forth between you and fenny so maybe I've confused the two of you. Really been enjoying the entries. Planning on exploring further.

Just a comment about sitting on the fence. Sometimes those spikes you feel are the posts and pickets we're sitting on and the best thing to do is jump off.

Personally, I don't have a problem with being an active supporter of Israel and at the same time recognizing the plight of the Palestinians, whoever was responsible. Probably the most difficult part is knowing who to believe.

Be well,
halavana

fence sitting

Post 2

a girl called Ben

Hi Halvala

I am the ignorant Brit who has been asking dumb questions. Fenny knows much more about the situation in the Middle East, and is known for liking to sit on fences.

Me? I take the view that everyone is the product of their own genes and history, and how can I know what I would think if I was in their shoes.

I have found that thread educational, but a little over-whelming. However, I have no personal ties with either side, and my main opinion is what an effing mess.

It seems to me that the biblical saying 'the sins of the fathers shall be visited upon the children for many generations' is an observation, not a curse.

Thanks for popping by.

Kindest regards

a girl called Ben

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for a girl called Ben

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more