This is the Message Centre for Niz (soon to be gone)

Hello Niz...

Post 1

Crescent

..and welcome to h2g2 smiley - smiley I am Crescent, one of the Assistant Community Editors (or ACEs) here to say hello and to offer a helping hand, if you need it, to settle in smiley - smiley Click 'reply' below and tell me all about any problems encountered with, or questions about, the site smiley - smiley I shall do what I can to make your entrance to h2g2 as painless as possible smiley - smiley Tho' you seem to have settled in well smiley - smiley Well, until later....
BCNU - Crescent

Hello Niz...

Post 2

Niz (soon to be gone)

Hello

This is the first time I have done anything like this so it is all a bit new to me. The only question I do have is, What is the quickest way to find a list of all the forums as the only ones I found are ones I stumbled on by accident?

Hello Niz...

Post 3

Crescent

Aahhh, now there is the question. On the front page there is the 5 busiest and 5 emptiest forums. Other than that you go to pages which interest you. There is also, somewhere, a list of all the clubs and such on h2g2 - I will look that out for you - and peeps with similar ideas or hobbies tend to congegrate there there is also the Newcomers page - http://www.h2g2.com/A5752 where, hopefully you can meet other newcomers and some of the old hands smiley - smiley I will return with your list....
BCNU - Crescent

Hello Niz...

Post 4

Alien

The quick reference guide is here:
http://www.h2g2.com/A344756
Most of the clubs and such are there... smiley - smiley
And greetings from me too! smiley - smiley

Hello Niz...

Post 5

Crescent

Cheers Alien, good catch smiley - smiley
BCNU - Crescent

Hello Niz...

Post 6

Alien

Well I happened to be around... smiley - smiley CU!

Hello Niz...

Post 7

Niz (soon to be gone)

Cheers for that. Hope to catch ya around

Niz

Hello Niz...

Post 8

Niz (soon to be gone)

Cheers for the help. Hope I'll catch you round and about soon

Hello Niz...

Post 9

J'au-æmne

This week my mission is to try to dispel the 'no one ever reads this' myth. They do... albeit no one IRL...smiley - smiley

Hi & welcome, btw...smiley - smiley

Joanna

Hello Niz...

Post 10

Niz (soon to be gone)

Hello

So your a physics student eh. Well you could answer a question that has mean't many a sleepless night. Why is it that when you sit in a seat someone has been in, it is always warm? I posted this on a site today. no answers yet. If I get an answer I will finally get some sleep. For sanity..... Hoorah

Hello Niz...

Post 11

J'au-æmne

Well I guess its because although your body temperature should be around 37 degrees C, there are variations. If you sit on a chair you warm up the chair, not up to 37degrees - this will be why if you have to take your temperature you have to have the thermometer in your mouth our armpit or something - but a good bit hotter than the surrounding area.

Now I guess it has something to do with heat capacity - if the chair's is large, then it will stay warmer than the surroundings for a while if someone gets up... you, however, will have to fend off the relative coldness of the rest of your surroundings... which you will try to heat up, but air isn't real co-operative to being warmed, so it won't get much warmer although you'll get cooler, cause it moves around far more than the molecules of a chair... when you come to sit on the recently vacated chair it will feel warm.

But there's a big 'I think, perhaps, maybe' over all of that. smiley - smiley

Hello Niz...

Post 12

Niz (soon to be gone)

Sanity seems a tad closer today

Cheers

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Niz (soon to be gone)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more