This is the Message Centre for The Corrupt One (MIA)

The Desensitization Of Our Society

Post 1

The Corrupt One (MIA)

Naturally, living in the Inland Empire, there's crime on the news just about every single day. To me, there's something about not being able to turn on the TV without seeing this really makes me sick. After a time, however, this passes into completely ignoring it or passing off terrible crimes as common-place things for most people.
But, if that wasn't bad enough, there are some people who start out ignoring the news, then using it as entertainment!This is what really gets to me. I mean, think about it: some people watch the news just to laugh at the tragedies that are happening in the world! That's truth, not opinion. I've seen it happen only a few times, but I hear about it all the time--these kinds of people exchanging the news stories we all heard the night before, but they're saying it as if it was all one big joke!
I don't know if this is happening elsewhere, but I suspect that it is, the world being the small place it is. For the record, I'm just plain sick and tired of this terrible cycle I've observed.
I mean, people complain about violent video games and such, but what about these people who use REALITY as some kind of sadistic form of entertainment? smiley - sadface

Key: Complain about this post

The Desensitization Of Our Society

More Conversations for The Corrupt One (MIA)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more