Unc

Guestbook

Post 3

U5404180

Hello again Unc, haven't seen you for a while smiley - smiley

Guestbook

Post 4

Laura

My baby daughter's started walking, and concequently during the day I can't keep my eyes off her for a second smiley - bigeyes. At night, she's teething, so in general I simply don't have much time to go online smiley - doh

Guestbook

Post 5

U5404180

That's wonderful! Make the most of her whilst she is still a toddler. They grow up very quickly. Soon you will have to put everything out of her reach. smiley - biggrin

Teething can be a problem. smiley - goodluck

Thank you so much for helping me with my guestbook.
If you have any baby questions feel free to ask.
I've had two. <rainbow.

Guestbook

Post 6

Laura

She's quite a little climber so eeverything had to be moved a while ago smiley - bigeyes. She's got 12 teeth now so not many to go (so we keep telling ourselves smiley - laugh).

The only problem with Milly is that at 14 months old she still gets trapped wind and concequently does not sleep well. I've tried just about everything, so am just resigned that she will grow out of it eventually.

Guestbook

Post 7

U5404180

What is 'just about everything' ? smiley - smiley

Guestbook

Post 8

Laura

Rubbing her tummy, making sure she's upright when feeding, trying all the various medicines, eating earlier, massage, making sure she drinks enough, even massaging the balls of her feet

Guestbook

Post 9

U5404180

Is she feeling any better yet?

Guestbook

Post 10

Laura

No, but that's largely due to having a cold. There's always something to stop us from getting a night's sleep smiley - biggrin

Guestbook

Post 11

U5404180

How is the baby now? Are things getting better for you?

Guestbook

Post 12

Laura

Brilliant, she must have started sleeping through the night just after I posted that. We cut her naps in the day time to 1 and brought her bedtime gradually forward and that did the trick! She occasionally wakes with teething pain, but even then only long enough to give her some calpol. It's fantastic not to be tired all the time!

Guestbook

Post 13

U5404180

I'm really pleased to hear that smiley - ok
She will be toddling before you know it!

Guestbook

Post 14

Laura

She started walking at 13 months, so now she's 18 months she's climbing, walking and pretending to be a bird (she likes birds) smiley - laugh

Guestbook

Post 15

U5404180

Well so long as she doesn't 'think' she's one she should be alright!

Guestbook

Post 16

plodrog

My apologies for butting in to such a private conflab, but I was reminded by Post 5 of good advice I was given many years ago.

... Don't compromise on any event in your child's life unless you cannot avoid so doing. Celebrate every event as if it were the only thing in YOUR life that day because you can never go back. I know from experience that it can be difficult with the need to commit to work but the investment is well rewarded.

I wish you as much joy with Milly as I've had and continue to have with my daughters. Good luck!

P.

Guestbook

Post 17

U5404180

smiley - smiley

Guestbook

Post 18

Laura

She doesn't seem to think she's a bird, she's just always had a fascination for them, 'bird' was one f her first words smiley - biggrin

I'm not working at the moment, but that won't last much longer, but I've no intention of missing anything unless I can't avoid it smiley - biggrin. It's too fun to play with Milly to let anything pass. She even gave her own version of the weather forecast today, which was fun to watch smiley - laugh

Guestbook

Post 19

U5404180

Are you writing everything down and taking pictures of her?

Guestbook

Post 20

Laura

I don't write much down, but I've hundreds of pictures smiley - bigeyes. I never took many photographs before Milly was born, but suddenly became snap happy smiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for U5404180

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more