A Conversation for Scouting: The First 100 Years

boy scouts of america

Post 1

therodentmessiah

I noticed how the original scout law created by Lord Baden Powell says nothing about being reverent, while the BSA law, created later, does. Was this done for the same reasons as putting "In god we trust" on US currency, and "under God" in the pledge? (to distance the US further from communism, a secular society) by any chance?

boy scouts of america

Post 2

Philious

A very good point.
And it reminds me. I was thinking of writting a guide to UK Scouting and would like to offer a challenge to all our cousins across the world to write about your own natioan assosiations.
I'd love to hear if any BSA members have a answer to the above mesage. Can you build an entry arround it?
I found the UK law and Promise was enough to work my articl around, with the help of the centanary.
How about this for a challaenge. Can we get another 155 Scouting entries, 1 for each national organisation, before the end of the centenary year?

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more