This is the Message Centre for The Corrupt One (MIA)

An interesting nickname

Post 1

The Stalker

Hello 'corrupt one'. I'm (as you can probably already see) the stalker, although an entirely pleasant one with (as it would appear) a similar sense of humour to your own. Anyway, just popped in to say hi, oh yes and that I'm new here and could do with some friends in the 'community' as they call it.

Just one question. Why 'corrupt one'? - or shouldn't I ask?

An interesting nickname

Post 2

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

Probably due to the influence of a certain member of her family who is too outspoken by half, I imagine... smiley - winkeye

Hiya, Corrupt! Sorry I didn't see the message you left me earlier, or I would have showed up sooner. Now I know where you are, and I can report your activities to the proper authorities... smiley - winkeye

And as I see you haven't been visited by one of the official types just yet, allow me to don my official hat...

Welcome to the Guide! I serve the community as an Assistant Community Editor (ACE) whose task it is to guide new researchers through the filth and corruption that is H2G2 to the genuine depravity. Here's a couple of links you'll find handy, when you're ready to start writing that first Guide Entry:

The Guidelines for Writers will help you figure out what the Guide is looking for: http://www.h2g2.com/Writing-Guidelines

And the GuideML Clinic will teach you how to make that entry look cool: http://www.h2g2.com/GuideML-CLinic

And if you have any questions, you know where to find me. Enjoy! smiley - smiley

An interesting nickname

Post 3

The Corrupt One (MIA)

Why thank you all for the warm welcome--and as for you, Colonel Sellers, I was wondering when you'd figure it out.smiley - winkeye Yes, you are probably a good excuse for my name being what it is.
Really, my name was just a random attempt at being creative, and to get people to stop by my home page. So, in regards to your question, Stalker, your guess is probably as good as mine!

An interesting nickname

Post 4

soeasilyamused, or sea

did you say, soon to be infamous? perhaps it is not by chance that i have wandered onto your page. i don't know if you're interested, but perhaps you should join STUMPED, H2G2's resident evil organization. i don't know the link offhand, but there's one on my member page. see ya around!

An interesting nickname

Post 5

The Corrupt One (MIA)

Hmmm, interesting idea...I'll be sure to check it out. Wandering onto my page doesn't seem to be a common practice yet, but I'm working on becoming known around here. smiley - winkeye
In the meantime, how exactly did you wind up here?

An interesting nickname

Post 6

soeasilyamused, or sea

i was looking through the "who's online" list, saw your name, and was slightly interested. simple, eh?

An interesting nickname

Post 7

The Stalker

As was I.

It seems to be one of the best ways to 'meet' people around here. Bit crappy for those without very good nicknames though. Still I suppose that it's a good incentive for folk to actually give themselves nicknames in the first place.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Corrupt One (MIA)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more