This is the Message Centre for Harry

Twice the fun

Post 1

Harry

Oh, I'm a happy man. This weekend I bought myself a 12-string electric guitar (a Danelectro DC for those who care) and it's BRILLIANT. I've spent a couple of days playing around with old Byrds riffs and anything else suited to the jangly treatment, and tonight I get to try it out LOUD in my local rehearsal room. Happy happy happy!

Twice the fun

Post 2

CoolerFlex

Hmmm... When you say that, a qustion pops up in my mind and asks:
"How old are you?".

CoolerFlex

Twice the fun

Post 3

Harry

I'm 37. Some would say that's a bit old to be getting excited about making loud noises with guitars, but I say "phooey" to that sort of attitude. The guitar, by the way, sounds great. I never knew 12-strings could be such fun.

Twice the fun

Post 4

Drool Frood the Second

Hi Harry,
What kind of things do you play on this impressive 12 string of yours?

Twice the fun

Post 5

Harry

Anything I can, which isn't a lot really. I'm not a particularly good guitarist, better at rhythm playing than lead and even then I need a strong rhythm section behind me to help me keep time. I try to play all sorts of stuff, jazz, rock, Metallica, anything I can work out, but I think I enjoy my playing more than others do.

The 12-string was intended for mucking about with Byrds and Neil Young style folk/rock, and for learning some Leadbelly stuff, but last night I discovered that it's great for playing overdriven riffs over a funky bass-line. Which is nice.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Harry

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more