This is the Message Centre for Saint Petunia (Patron Saint of Free Spirits, and Keeper of Treasure) (come see important info and links on my page)

things that bug me about Star Trek Voyager

Post 1

Saint Petunia (Patron Saint of Free Spirits, and Keeper of Treasure) (come see important info and links on my page)

Color block spandex.

No really attractive men.

Liposuction or diet and exercise appear to be mandatory, but baldness is in.

Mock turtlenecks, or any turtlenecks.

The women don't ever wear mini skirts.

Post 2

Zak T Duck

Let's see if I can clear this up.

The colour block spandex thing was brought in because the Red shirted extras complained that they were dying all the time, and they thought it was the uniform.

No attractive men? Blame the fact that genetic engineering was outlawed in the 22nd Century.

Exercise mandatory. Not true, replicated food has no calories so everyone is anorexic.

Mock turtlenecks. In these enlightened days officers like pretending to be French philosophers.

The mini skirt thing was stopped because it was distracting the Captain from actually doing his job.

Post 3

Saint Petunia (Patron Saint of Free Spirits, and Keeper of Treasure) (come see important info and links on my page)

Thank you for clearing that up for me. At least now I have an understanding of why these things are as they are. smiley - smiley

I actually haven't watched the show very much, because every time I do the things that bug me just start, well, bugging me.

Sorry I ran off in the Flirter's Corner thread. It's just that I saw your government official title, and I'm an international criminal in some threads, so I was afraid you might be there to arrest me. So you see, if someone seems standoffish, it may be only that they are trying to hide from Interpol. You aren't working for Interpol, are you?

Post 4

Zak T Duck

Rest assured my title has nothing to do with Interpol. It was actually given to me by Peregrin. I was his head canvasser for his election campaign and now he's persident he made me Minister of Infernal Office Affairs.

I think that means I'm supposed to have a lot of office affairs with secretaries and other impressionable young women.

I think it also explains why a lot of people have been ignoring me in a lot of the forums, so I've dropped it.

Post 5

I thought it was kind of cute once I figured out what it meant.

Post 6

Zak T Duck

*Blushes* smiley - smiley

Post 7

Okay, I watched part of last night's episode. They actually borrowed a plot theme from Mork and Mindy when they landed on a planet where the people age backwards.

Post 8

Zak T Duck

I've given up watching Star Trek as all they seem to do recently is rip off other shows.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Saint Petunia (Patron Saint of Free Spirits, and Keeper of Treasure) (come see important info and links on my page)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more