This is the Message Centre for Saint Petunia (Patron Saint of Free Spirits, and Keeper of Treasure) (come see important info and links on my page)

Petunia and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Post 1

Saint Petunia (Patron Saint of Free Spirits, and Keeper of Treasure) (come see important info and links on my page)

So this is the kind of day I'm having. Incredible thunderstorm at last night in Saint Matthews (U.S. zip code 40207), the suburb where I live just outside Louisville, so very little sleep. The traffic lights near where I live were not working on my way in to work; fortunately, most commuters were civil this morning and took turns like they should. So when I got to work, I was fixing my usual morning cup of tea, but the styrofoam cup was defective and I burned the end of my left ring finger, hindering my keyboarding ability. Later my computer locked up. I had to sit through a useless, boring meeting. The director of my place of employment is doing some inane attempt at humor and morale-boosting by having a bed (yes, a bed) placed in the lobby of the building and she and other managers take turns lying in it in their jammies (who wants to see that?!). The company's charity foundation newsletter that we get via Lotus Notes included an article to raise awareness of domestic violence in Romania and actually included the cover of the Romanian issue of Playboy (was it necessary that I am forced to face down a bimbette in my company e-mail, no matter what the point of the newsletter article?). When I log into H2G2, I find my heart breaking. Did I do some terrible thing in a past life for which the karma is now being visited upon me? I know, it's all because I lent someone my umbrella yesterday, my trusty umbrella of several years, and she goes and opens it INSIDE twice! Never lend a trusty umbrella if you can help it. Perhaps one day I'll look back on this day and laugh. I think I'll move to Australia.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Saint Petunia (Patron Saint of Free Spirits, and Keeper of Treasure) (come see important info and links on my page)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more