This is the Message Centre for Saint Petunia (Patron Saint of Free Spirits, and Keeper of Treasure) (come see important info and links on my page)

This and That

Post 1

Saint Petunia (Patron Saint of Free Spirits, and Keeper of Treasure) (come see important info and links on my page)

Unusual things have started to happen since I registered as an HG researcher. A couple days ago, the car driving in front of me had a bumper sticker of a dolphin on the left and and bumper sticker of an alien on the right. Today, a co-worker printed the song list for the Pepsi choose your music promotion, and I saw two songs by a group called Babel Fish. I really did not know there is a group called Babel Fish, I really truly did not... I am so out of touch. Maybe I'm just noticing unusual things, that's probably what the skeptics would think. I've always had a vivid imagination.

Another subject. On my company's employee discussion database, somehow a religious debate got underway (don't they always?). It was mainly between those $%$^^^@# ignorami who think that they are better than gays, and the correct people who do not think that. So, I started thinking of one of the things that Jesus was supposed to have said, "whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me," and how that applies to the exclusion of gays from churches and elsewhere. But then I started thinking about how this philosophy would apply to really mean awful people, and I realized that it seems incredibly co-dependent to not exclude anyone. I mean, if someone is being awful, say physically or verbally abusive, shouldn't one exclude that person to create consequences for their actions? So, if someone excludes an awful person from their life, are they also excluding Jesus? Jesus allowed himself to be crucified, and isn't that the most co-dependent thing you ever heard? How can you teach someone a lesson if you allow them to do anything they want to do, and just use words to teach? What was Jesus thinking? Unless the people he allowed to hurt him were to be reincarnated and deal with the karma that comes from crucifying someone; that might explain his actions. I'm not religious, but I ponder the spiritual.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Saint Petunia (Patron Saint of Free Spirits, and Keeper of Treasure) (come see important info and links on my page)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more