Post 1

Gnomon - time to move on

Entry: Algol - the Demon Star - A738092
Author: Gnomon - Summer Time - U151503

Another star entry.

A738092 - Algol - the Demon Star

Post 2

Bluebottle

Another exciting smiley - starentry – you've definitely put the accelerator down on article-writing at the moment. I would ask about this sentence - 'The figures are mainly taken from the Some other facts about the system:' – were you about to mention the SolStation.com website again?

Post 3

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Hi Gnomon, thanks for writing this fabulous article about a star truly deserving its own Guide Entry! It says "This entry is nearly ready. I just need to check the "Future of Algol" section and draw a new diagram." at the beginning of your article, have you done these? The diagram is the same on the Perseus entry, I'm not sure why you need a new onesmiley - erm and PR is for finished articles smiley - smiley

smiley - tea

I can't find any nit-pickssmiley - ok but here's an extra h2g2 link: A44762097 - The Crab Nebula

smiley - cheers

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - diva

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

As usual, I'm so excited to put it into Peer Review that I forget to do a last minute check. In this case, I forget the comment to myself at the top, and the bit where I moved the comment about SolStation, but messed up the cut and paste.

I've fixed both those now.

This has a new diagram - it's the one I link to, showing the double star's rotation. Took me about an hour to make, so I hope it is acceptable.

Post 5

ahsmiley - okthe note-to-self threw me, I thought you were making a new Perseus diagram showing Algol.

I couldn't load your link, it takes me to flickr main page and is asking me to sign up, but I already have a flickr account but can't remember my login/passwordsmiley - erm

I'll keep trying, it could just be my settings.

Post 6

Gnomon - time to move on

Flickr has got a bit temperamental recently. They keep changing it to make it cool, and things that worked stop working. I'll look into it.

Post 7

minorvogonpoet

This looks like an excellent entry to me.smiley - smiley

Post 8

I can load the diagram now smiley - ok it's very informative, thanks for making itsmiley - ok

GB

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 9

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 10

Gnomon - time to move on

Thanks, everyone!

smiley - bubblysmiley - ojsmiley - cake

Post 11

minorvogonpoet

Well done, Gnomon. smiley - bubbly

Post 12

smiley - applausesmiley - starsmiley - ok

GB

Post 13

bobstafford

smiley - applause well done smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post