A Conversation for mosh pits

standing quietly but listening

Post 1

wingpig

i always get the piss taken out of me at gigs for standing quietly somewhere, preferably next to a post or something and listening to what's being played. It's the same with dancing, which I don't do. I can listen to things but feel that rhythmic movement devalues the whole thing. Bands who say that they love people jumping about to their music are fools - what they should watch for is the person staring at the stage and nodding very slightly. This means that someone appreciates rather than simply likes them.

Post 2

Jonny Zoom

Or it means they're a cokehead.

Post 3

wingpig

No, jumping about frenetically and sniffing means they're a cokehead. Alternatively (at a metal gig) standing on the stage wearing deeply stupid clothing indicates cokeheadness. Standing quietly and listening is often accompanied by trying to persuade the people singing along with no idea of the need to stay in tune to shut up by means of dark glares and attempted telepathy.

Removed

Post 4

U135579

This post has been removed.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for mosh pits

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more