A Great entry on a great lady smiley - smiley

Wow!

Post 2

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

Thanks. smiley - smiley

Wow!

Post 3

Ashley

Are there any plans for other great American ladies?

One that spings to mind is Katherine Hepburn and the female pioneers of the West...

Wow!

Post 4

Demon Drawer

Crusader are you trying to shape the guide a certain way? smiley - winkeye

Wow!

Post 5

Ashley

Not at all smiley - smiley

I'm looking at what people are writing and just making suggestions. I too am writng... smiley - smiley

Wow!

Post 6

Demon Drawer

No I agree there are a lot of great historical charactors out there. We should always learn from our history.

Wow!

Post 7

I'd be happy to do some additional articles on American women. I think it will be difficult to choose who to cover, though.

Here are some to consider: Mae West, Harriet Tubman, Susan B. Anthony, Sacajawea, Betsy Ross, Emily Dickinson, Amelia Earhart, Greta Garbo, Hellen Keller, Molly Brown, Calamity Jane, and Georgia O'Keefe. If I were to include women still alive, I might also add Sandra Day O'Conner, Rosa Parks, Shirley Temple, and Sally Ride.

I'll have to pass on Katherine Hepburn, as I have an odd disliking for the woman that would probably show through on anything I wrote. If you or anyone else would like to write an entry on her, feel free.

Wow!

Post 8

Ashley

I can help you with Greta Garbo - She is a favourite of mine.

Wow!

Post 9

That sounds keen. smiley - smiley

Wow!

Post 10

Ashley

One of the very first films I watched was Anna Karenina with Garbo and was entranced from that moment on. I have several original photos and about 12 biographies - each telling the same story but with a twist.

The best is called Greta and Cecil and details her friendship with Cecil Beaton

Wow!

Post 11

Sounds tres interesting. How about I put together a filmography, and you can get started on the biography part?

I have started an entry at:
http://www.h2g2.com/A396731

You can email portions to me as you write them. My email address is on my user page.

I also found a super Garbo photo gallery at http://silent-movies.com/Ladies/PGarbo.html

Wow!

Post 12

Ashley

Great site smiley - smiley

That has certainly made my day.

Just taking a peek at the entry....

Wow!

Post 13

Ashley

If you look at the cocktails named for stars, there is some stuff in there that I wrote that you may want to pinch for your entry.

Wow!

Post 14

I've thoroughly pinched the information. Thanks!

Wow!

Post 15

Demon Drawer

Nah, whatever. smiley - smiley

BTW I thought Garbo was Swedish. smiley - winkeye

Wow!

Post 16

She was born Swedish, but also became an American citizen later in life. smiley - smiley

Wow!

Post 17

Demon Drawer

Thank you I knew I wasn't going completely insane. smiley - smiley

Wow!

Post 18

Tschörmen (german) -|-04.04.02

You should look at a few european great women, too. Alice Schwarzer, No 1 german feminist, Rosa Luxemburg, QE 1, Jeanne Darque, well, and a lot more. I´m not a lot of help though with biography stuff...

Wow!

Post 19

Unfortunately, I don't know much about those. Anyone?

Wow!

Post 20

Ashley

I was going to do something on Leni Reifenstahl

Key: Complain about this post