This is the Message Centre for Maria d J Gutierrez

Saw a big fire on the horizon......

Post 1

LhasaUbuntu, motivational waterer, pimento bounty hunter

......and figured I'd check it out. Turns out it's a big wooden guy. Anyhow, just doing my late night floating routine and the winds pushed me in your direction. smiley - zen Never been to Burning Man myself but will some day as many of my friends have gone and have returned with a new appreciation for the digeri-doo and roads named after sections of the brain. I myself am in the way too cold place called Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and desperately waiting for a warm day or two to thaw myself out. On that note I'm going to climb under the sheets and try to dream of a warm island or something. Good luck with the dog house building and the boyfriend/getting pregnant project. Oh yeah, seeing as how you're a Burning Man veteran I'll pass on a number that may come in handy at some point in the future: National UFO/Alien Reporting Center (206)-722-3000. smiley - schooloffish

smiley - peacesignsmiley - earthsmiley - peacesign

Post 2

Maria d J Gutierrez

The whole time I was there I didn't see a single strange thing in the sky that wasn't caused by the strange things I saw on the ground (and belive me there was plenty strange on the ground). I came back from BurningMan with a whole new appreciation for indoor plumbing, refrigeration, and trash cans. I have could have thought I'd be overjoyed to see a trash can but I was. I also lost my iron grip on Catholism out there and came back very open to alternative ideas about our time on this planet. I made some great friends out there. I got about ten shades darker. I saw a full week of beautiful sunirses. I traded stories for White Zinfindel and, at age 40, learned what it's like to stagger home. The one big yucky was the guy who got me involved in the first place and I won't be anywhere near him this year. It's amazing to be on a weeklong camping trip with 2000 people in a buch of dust and blazing heat. One of the highlights was the refridgerator truck with the DJ, dancing, and a couple of couches. smiley - smiley And the art installations were great! The whole place was a collection of the eccentric. Big, dusty, circus like. It's like living in a Fellini movie for a week.

Post 3

Maria d J Gutierrez

Oh, and thanks for the good wishes "with the dog house building and the boyfriend/getting pregnant project" but the dog house is built ( now the only thing left is to find a loft configuration that the dogs like) and I'm not sure there even is a boyfriend/getting pregnant project (that may be the problem) and besides all my spare time and energy is spent fighting the department I used to work for. Since it is the second largest crimimal defense firm in the world and has County Counsel to defend it this take some bit of time and effort on my part. On March 20, the Civil Service Commission is meeting and my request for a hearing is on the agenda. So, I go there to answer any questions they may have at the meeting to see if they will grant me a hearing to decide if my transfer is reversed. Since the transfer was in direct violation of a federal statute (the ADA) and the last folks who upheld were in direct violation of the Cal. Gov. Code (54.1), this is going to be interesting. See how this keeps me busy?

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Maria d J Gutierrez

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more