This is the Message Centre for Almighty Rob - mourning the old h2g2

Tapping away again...

Post 1

Almighty Rob - mourning the old h2g2

Yes, I'm sitting, once again, in front of an iMac in the library at Uni, tapping away at the annoyingly closely-spaced keys and going blind... damn Crapintoshes.... look more like Fisher Price PCs than anything else...

I promised those of you who tuned in for my earlier entry that I would be a bit more interesting this time, so I'll tell you what I've been up to for the last couple of weeks.

I've been studying, sort of, a night-school type course which will credit my History minor - "Society and Politics at the Time of Jesus Christ". It's actually more interesting than it sounds, and I'm feeling guilty because I haven't been doing the research. I tried using the Guide, but the closest I came to finding info about the Dead Sea Scrolls was an anti-Christian diatribe based almost entirely on prejudice, misconceptions and plain ignorance...

Apart from that, I have been hard at work on our student magazine, as probably the chief contributor.. It's called Quasimodo (Notre Dame --> hunchback of --> Quasi...) and I've also been sort of working on a website for it. If you want to check out a prototype, which is really more of a framework, but contains some articles from previous issues, it can be found at www.crosswinds.net/~quasimag
I'd appreciate any feedback....

I've also been fairly lovelorn of late... there's this girl I like, but she liked my best friend, who then went out with her best friend (I know, I know, I'm confused, too...). So now I don't know where I stand. I think she's over him, and I have a suspicion that she realises I have a massive crush on her... what to do, what to do! Can anyone help me out? I certainly can't make up my own mind...

Well, I've got to go now, but stay tuned while I make a few changes to the page (when I get around to it) and I'll keep posting to the journal if you care what goes on in my head...

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Almighty Rob - mourning the old h2g2

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more