This is the Message Centre for Salamander the Mugwump

My first 2 Guide Entries

Post 1

Salamander the Mugwump

My first 2 Guide Entries have just gone into the editing process. I feel a bit like an over-protective parent. They've both disappeared and a couple of changelings have taken their places - one slightly mangled. I must be patient and in the meantime I'm putting links here so I can still access my babies in their original state.

Here they are:
"Cicadas" is at http://www.h2g2.com/A444197
"Bacteriophages" is at http://www.h2g2.com/A460324

Pull yourself Salamander. They'll be ok.

My first 2 Guide Entries

Post 2

Teeky

You're lucky Salamander the Mugwump or should I say Salamander the Cicada? My first attempt at an entry on East Anglian Country Music seems to have come to a sticky end, after having had a few commentss- its all gone very quiet now (about 5 weeks ago) smiley - sadface

I have been keeping abreast of your Cicada entries - fascinating, blue eyes, lungs in legs, atmosphereic pressure to force in air, blue blooded arachnids etc.
My cat does not think too much of insects. I used to have a colony of stick insects in my terrarium. The cat used to watch them swaying on leaves - bit of a giveaway when there's no wind - he'd then stick his head in and chew them. Very unkind.

I thought your Cicadas entry was accepted now. That would be invaluable for galactic travellers, especially if they were very small - say almost insect sized. They could in fact find more in common with bugs than us humanoids. We do tend to think we are it in terms of alien relationships.

Keep up the good work smiley - winkeye
Teeky

My first 2 Guide Entries

Post 3

Salamander the Mugwump

Hi Teeky

I've been over to the Peer Review, found your submission, read it, liked it, left a comment and this has dragged it to the top of the list again. If you go and do some stuff to your article and then post another message to your thread in the Peer Review, saying you've done it (in a couple of days or so), that'll bring it back to the surface again. Then someone else will probably say "oh yes, that's good" and up it will come to the surface again. Eventually a Scout will notice it, jump on it, wrestle it to the ground and frog-march it over to the Towers and recommend it. I think that's basically how it works. I think if you just leave it and forget about it, then it will sink into oblivion. I get the impression that people don't rootle back through all the pages of peer review recommendations so it's a mistake to let it languish where nobody will ever clap eyes on it again.

Here's an article recently put together by Lucinda entitled "Tips for Submitting to H2G2": http://www.h2g2.com/A475049 . You'll find useful information in it on the best way to get your entry read and accepted.

My Cicada entry is now "pending". I think that means that the Editors have finished their editing and it's waiting in a queue for the front page. My Bacteriophage entry has undergone some severe editing and now it's lying still and has stopped moving. smiley - sadface Not sure what's going on with it.

I'd like to see some tiny aliens trying to engage the cicadas in conversation. I wonder what they'll do when the little green guys demand to be taken to their leader. I expect the space dudes will either blast them with their ray guns or give up and politely request to be directed to the nearest bar.

Your cat sounds like a thug. My dogs are just as bad. Love their little hearts.

Good luck with your entry. smiley - smiley
Sal

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Salamander the Mugwump

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more