This is the Message Centre for LizardLady

LizardLife

Post 1

LizardLady

summer 2000 july 3

Greetings Earthpeople;

I am the LizardLady. I am sleek, subtle, sinuous, smooth, and stealthy. I dwell in the secret places of your planet, where I can see but not be seen.

I take on the temperature and nature of my surroundings, and I am energized by the the light, and made melancholy and pensive by darkness and gloom. However, I never despair, for change is constant, and all things pass , both the good and the bad, although I seldom make such distinctions. I move occasionally in order to stay on an even keel. Balance is essential. Moderation is key in all things, including moderation.

Periodically, I shed my skin, and emerge transformed in outlook, with new brilliance and pattern, and preen unashamedly before the glory of my transformed reflection.

My intentions are benign, my thoughts subtle and powerful. I am peace-loving, except when threatened, when I can deliver a painful bite, lash out with my powerful tail, or even sacrifice part of it to foil my enemies.

I love sweet fruit, and must remember to eat my vegetables. I lie, perfectly relaxed , upon a curving branch, suspended above the mirrored pool, pondering the endless cycle of eternity.

My ancestors ruled this planet long before the present dominant species existed, and will be here long after they are gone. Indeed, my reptile nature lives yet within the most primitive reaches of the human brain, controlling the most basic and profound urges of the body, and permeating all consciousness.

My movements are slow,but graceful, never ponderous. I am solitary by nature,and prefer to observe from a distance the rich play of the world as it unfolds before me. I am the dark hole in the fabric of nature, and my humour is heard in the rippling fall of water against the rocks, in the sweet hum of the dragonfly,and the in the langorous motions of soft summer breezes.

Time as you know it does not exist for me, as all that passes before me does so in slow motion, arrayed in colours not visible to human eyes, and accompanied by sounds never perceived by human ears. My fragrance attracts my lover, and my beauty of form and soul causes him to swoon with delight. Our union is magical and profound, and my children unseen by me. They need me not,for they are born knowing everything, and live free far away in the darkness and the light.

I communicate subtly through body language, and in sounds which few can hear, for not many know how to listen for them. A blink of an eyelid speaks volumes.

I possess nothing, yet have everything. I desire nothing, and yet the world is mine. I know everything, and have no need to strive for more. Eternity lives behind my golden eyes.

I am the LizardLady. Do not be afraid.

Lying langorously
looped lazily along the lovely limb

Snoozing supine in a saurian slumber
I dreamed of the past, now mercifully dim
Lost in the mists of days without number.

Key: Complain about this post

LizardLife

More Conversations for LizardLady

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more