This is the Message Centre for Endoporpoise

Try not to See the Purple Guy

Post 1

Endoporpoise

Had a dream last night. The dream was an ad for one of those "Comedy Central Movies" that the network has every afternoon. It went something like this.

[Young man at desk]

John Smith was an ordinary guy. Boring job, angry neighbors, and bills to pay.

[Camera rotates around John, showing his surroundings (a busy city street) and finally the person he is looking at: a figure in purple robes with long hair covering its face]

But soon, things begin to turn horribly wrong.

[Montage of shots of John with varying numbers of the purple figures in the background, with little (American) football-style yellow circles being drawn around them]

And it's time to play "Try not to See the Purple Guy".

[Final shot of purple figure pulling it hair out from in front of its face, beginning to reveal oddly-shaped nose]

Then I woke up, feeling acutely disturbed. The whole idea frightens me: the concept of everyone around you turning into the same purple figure, and you subconciously ignoring it. I'm getting chills right now, imagining one right behind me.

Key: Complain about this post

Try not to See the Purple Guy

More Conversations for Endoporpoise

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more