This is the Message Centre for Kumetanzuka the capricious

Brunel

Post 1

Kumetanzuka the capricious

Hmm. A new skin. Much more "square" than goo. Much less "austere" than alabaster. I kind of like it. But can I pick my colour, or will I always be green? Because I highly enjoy and desire the deep red on the front page of the guide, and I noticed another page had blue. Green... while it's one of the nicer greens I've seen, it's just not my colour. It's not ME. Perhaps answers will be forthcoming.

Brunel

Post 2

Ottox

Goo!!!! Please! smiley - tongueout

But if you really want to know...

You can change the colours at your PS. For example you'll notice that my page has nice Goo-blue colour (with a twist of A*******r at the bottom smiley - yikes). smiley - winkeye

See <./>GuideML-Brunel</.> to find out how to do it!

There is also an "unofficial" fourth skin with less graphics: <./>../plain/U140819</.>

And then I won't start mentioning the skins for all the new DNA sites!

smiley - smiley

Brunel

Post 3

Thanks! I'll check that out when I've finished posting this... I still love goo don't worry! lol but I need a change every once in a while, and this Brunel looks like it could be a bit of fun! I like the solid blocks of colour, very eye-catching. The plain one is kinda interesting too, in that plain kind of way! What's its purpose? Just assuming it has one, since it's unofficial.

This DNA thing of which you speak... what exactly is it and where do I look at the other sites!?

Brunel

Post 4

Ottox

The plain skin isn't official because there still is quite a few bugs in it. The main reason for having it, is that many people access the site via web tv instead of computers. They haven't got much memory, so it helps them that there are so few graphics in the skin.

DNA is - as the link at the bottom of the pages says - BBC's community website engine. But to put it more simple: h2g2 works so well, that many other parts of BBC have started using the same program. Part of the old h2g2 staff (Jim Lynn, Peta Haigh, Mark Moxon until he quitted the job to go travelling) is now working at the Hub (<./>../../hub/</.&gtsmiley - winkeye instead. Here they develop the DNA system not only for h2g2 but also for more and more other sites.

You can go to the Hub and read much more about it all and see (most of) the other sites from the links there, or you can go to my space and click on the different coloured cells at the bottom of my page to see it in all the different versions. (doesn't work in all browsers though)

Brunel

Post 5

hehehe cooooool.... smiley - cool

Brunel

Post 6

Ottox

You like red and brown? smiley - tongueout

Brunel

Post 7

well for "brown" i was going for more of an accenting sandy colour. Not sure if I've gotten it quite right... but red is one of my fave colours. Also purple, but I haven't quite managed to find an internet-colours purple that's completely satisfactory yet! :P

Brunel

Post 8

Ottox

Modesty forbids me to mention A623242

smiley - winkeye

Brunel

Post 9

heehee thank you for mentioning it anyway! smiley - winkeye

hmmm I'm thinking 330066 might serve my purposes for the purple... for the sandy accent, I can't remember what I have now, but 996600 and CC9900 looked promising... or... well I'll experiment! Thanks!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Kumetanzuka the capricious

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more