This is the Message Centre for bigalthefirst( patron saint of patron saints)

Hello Bigalthefirst...

Post 1

Crescent

...and (belatedly) welcome to the wonderous pages of h2g2. Sorry I missed you first time around. i am Crescent, one of the horde of Assistant Community Editors (who at this very moment could be swooping to your homepage, thanks to Peta smiley - smiley. We go around saying Hi (or not - sorry again smiley - smiley, looking for good deeds to do, and offering our services as guides smiley - smiley So if you have any problems with, or questions about, the site, then click 'reply' below and tell me all about it smiley - smiley Well, until later....
BCNU - Crescent

Hello Bigalthefirst...

Post 2

ajay

hey Big Al...

i too am an ACE (assistant community editor) and i am giving you a big what up and welecome to H2G2, a pretty darned interesting place to be... in any case if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me... oh i was wonderin what big city by the water you were refering to?... and my personal thing is that i usually ask everyone what music they are into just to fufill my own curiosity...maybe the answers are in one of those journal entries ( you get huge credit for making so many of those, in my book... i havent done a single one and ive been in here for probably over a year now)
anyway, have a good day,
peace,
ajay

Hello Bigalthefirst...

Post 3

bigalthefirst( patron saint of patron saints)

THank you for your note, what is the best way to meet people around here ?

LOve Bigalthefirst

Hello Bigalthefirst...

Post 4

MY favourite classical music is Chopin's 1st piano concerto-second movemnet, rachmninov paino concertos 2 and 3. I also like Bruce Springsteen, Madonna, Rolling Stones, beatles , Moody Blues, Moloko, The Mediaeval Babes, Joe Cocker, The doors, Love, Yes, Crosby, Stil and Nash, neil Young, Framk Sinatra- a pretty wide range I think you'll agree

Bigalthefirst

Hello Bigalthefirst...

Post 5

Crescent

To talk to people, just blunder in smiley - smiley Almost no one bites here, and if they do just say 'Oi NNAAAOOOOOO!!!' smiley - smiley If you go to the front page, it shows the five busiest forums, there are normally loadsa people there smiley - smiley

Some good stuff there, at the mo' I am listening to Altai-Hentai, a mongolian band, doing traditional music (Last time I was in Amsterdam, we were walking through the tunnel beneath the Rijksmuseum, and they were playing there smiley - smiley Some of it reminds me of some gaelic tunes (tho' the throat singing is bizarre) I would recommend it highly smiley - smiley Well, until later....
BCNU - Crescent

Hello Bigalthefirst...

Post 6

Thank you I may just drop in

Hello Bigalthefirst...

Post 7

alicat (Patron Saint of Good Taste)

smiley - smiley Just another hello, bigal. smiley - smiley

Hello Bigalthefirst...

Post 8

Sorry Alicat I have been away for a bit, back now, will post something hopeful today.

Love Bigal smiley - winkeye, smiley - smiley

Hello Bigalthefirst...

Post 9

cloughie(Patron Saint of Flying Pigs)stop by my barbecue! A520318

Hi Big Al I, alicat said you were a YES fan, so I thought I'd drop in. My favorite way to meet people here has been to see who's online, check out someone's page, and drop them a line on it. That's what I'm doing here. smiley - smiley

Hello Bigalthefirst...

Post 10

Hi cloughie. smiley - smiley You have to check out the fabulous journal entries. I'm off to see today's now. Hi bigal. cloughie is a fellow YES fan. He has a nice BBQ going, too. Off to see your journal smiley - smiley

Ali*

Hello Bigalthefirst...

Post 11

yep, checked 'em out. I'm going to see YES Sunday night!! Anyone else going to Saratoga?

Hello Bigalthefirst...

Post 12

Lightning

Hello!

Just happened to stumble by your page today and wanted to say hi. I read all your journal entries and they moved me quite a bit.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'll sure drop by often to read more.

Bye,
Lightning.

Hello Bigalthefirst...

Post 13

smiley - smiley

alicat

Hello Bigalthefirst...

Post 14

Cloughie,

YES rock don't they. Thanks for dropping by, are you the cloughie that used to manage Nottigham Forst the English Soccer team ?

I will check out your pages next and hope to see you around.

Big alsmiley - winkeye,smiley - smiley

Hello Bigalthefirst...

Post 15

Lightning,

Glad you flashed by, you are my favourite light-the-sky-up -type entertainment. I especially like your forked style, it is penetrative, fast, bright, fresh and exciting. YOur blanket style tends to try to do too much, it does cover a lot of ground though.

Glad you liked the entries.

There'll be another one along in a minute.

Big al smiley - winkeye,smiley - smiley

Hello Bigalthefirst...

Post 16

Alicat

smiley - smileysmiley - smiley

Big al

Hello Bigalthefirst...

Post 17

smiley - smileysmiley - smiley Right back at you, bigal.

Love, Alicat

Hello Bigalthefirst...

Post 18

An infinite # of smiley - smiley's to you both! Hey Bigal, why don't you come over to http://communities.msn.com/WillowFarm/ and join? Alicat, the others, and I would be glad to have you I'm sure. And YES does ROCK, they've been my favorite band since I was 11 or 12. That's quite a while... smiley - smiley Note to alicat: anytime you see me at h2g2, I'm probably waiting in the chatroom at willow farm(linked above for your convenience). Oh, and the same to all you other members!smiley - smiley

Hello Bigalthefirst...

Post 19

Hey, I'm replying to myself!! Came here because I didn't want to interrupt our volleyball game w/ YES talk. On what album is 'The Prophet'? I've been a fan for 20 years, have all the albums(to '79 anyways, after that I've only a few - I like the old stuff a lot more), but I can't find that song. Is this a test??!! Hey, did you know you can make your own live cd from Yes? Check out http://yesworld.com/ywimix.html . See you in the funny pages!! smiley - smiley

Hello Bigalthefirst...

Post 20

Cloughie,

It's on the album Time and a Word which is like me really old.

The album also has the tracks, time and a word, astral traveller

My copy is vinyl and a 1970 version with jon anderson on vocals.

Dates me a bit, well back to the volleyball, where's my head.

Oh there it is, screws head back on after the recent collision with lead balloon and leaps back into the game, passing cloughie on the way.

" Thanks for the url-YES link cloughie " he gasps out as he flashes past him.

This is a production of Big Al Enterprises and anybody copying or using bits without Big Al's signed authority written in blood will have measures taken against them which will utterly astonish them.

Big Al smiley - sadfacesmiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for bigalthefirst( patron saint of patron saints)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more