A Conversation for Handy Tips on Planning a Wedding

Anyone have suggestions for a stag night?

Post 1

Adam C-R

So far I've got LaserQuest (I know, I'm sad...) and drinking lots, but I've kind of run out of ideas there.

What have other people done?

Just One

Post 2

Bald Bloke

The main one is...

To hold it at least a week prior to the main event.
So you have time to:

a) Sober Up
b) Get out of Jail
c) get the handcuffs / Ball & Chain sawn off
d) Get home from wherever your *mates* thought it would be a good idea to send you on a one way ticket

Post 3

Kedzie

My husband was best man for a longtime friend recently, and was having just as much difficulty as you are in figuring out what to do for a batchelor's party. The whole thing was complicated by the fact that the groom is a very active member of AA, so a night of hard drinking was right out.

He decided to concentrate on fun things that guys do together that will become damn near impossible to get away for once the knot is tied. His ideas:

1) Monster truck rally, tractor pull, etc. Very manly. No WAY the little woman is going to let him shell out the bucks for one of those in the future!

2) One of those "arcades for grownups" that are popping up around the U.S. (can't speak for the rest of the planet). Nothing says "male bonding" like accidentally breaking your friend's fingers while engaged in a spirited game of air hockey.

3) A huge, throbbing, bleeding charbroiled steak with NO green vegetables, thank you very much, followed by the stinkiest cigars available

He came up with some other things along those lines (which I can't remember), with an emphasis on goofy male bonding rituals that I'm sure I can't begin to understand.

Post 4

Kedzie

My husband was best man for a longtime friend recently, and was having just as much difficulty as you are in figuring out what to do for a batchelor's party. The whole thing was complicated by the fact that the groom is a very active member of AA, so a night of hard drinking was right out.

He decided to concentrate on fun things that guys do together that will become damn near impossible to get away for once the knot is tied. His ideas:

1) Monster truck rally, tractor pull, etc. Very manly. No WAY the little woman is going to let him shell out the bucks for one of those in the future!

2) One of those "arcades for grownups" that are popping up around the U.S. (can't speak for the rest of the planet). Nothing says "male bonding" like accidentally breaking your friend's fingers while engaged in a spirited game of air hockey.

3) A huge, throbbing, bleeding charbroiled steak with NO green vegetables, thank you very much, followed by the stinkiest cigars available

He came up with some other things along those lines (which I can't remember), with an emphasis on goofy male bonding rituals that I'm sure I can't begin to understand.

Post 5

Bald Bloke

Air Hockey

YES! YES! YES!

The best way of breaking fingers ever invented smiley - smiley

(bit of a fan, but thats obvious smiley - tongueout)

Post 6

Demon Drawer

Start with some male bonding thing.

Carting, paintballing, etc.

Then go get some food, at a licenced restaurant (unless the groom is in AA smiley - winkeye )

Move to a bar.

All the while to keep things interesting have a list of banned words. ie Bride, Wedding, honeymoon etc and a list of forfeits should someone fail to not mention the unmentionable. Always insure you are near a water feature at some point, the groom needs colling off. smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more