This is the Message Centre for Vandervecken

Coins and Notes

Post 1

Vandervecken

Why do so many of the people whose job it is to give you change actually place the notes into your hand, forming a nice, flat, slippery table, and then place the coins on top so that they either slide off onto the floor or at the very least make it impossible to get the coins into your pocket and the notes into your wallet one-handed?

I worked in a shop when I was only 22 years old, and even at this early age, I had already experienced the problem myself when being served in other shops, and I therefore extended to my own customers the courtesy of giving the coins first, so that the fingers were free to grasp the notes.

Why don't others have a similar level of empathy? I find it unbelievable that most of them seem oblivious to the impracticality of placing money into a hand in this fashion.

Key: Complain about this post

Coins and Notes

More Conversations for Vandervecken

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more