This is the Message Centre for Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

Hi Granny

Post 1

AngelStardust

Hi there, I've just been reading your page and see that you have never been a chicken plucker; if you mean as in removing feathers from dead poultry, I have done that and worse. smiley - erm

Hi Granny

Post 2

Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

smiley - laugh

Way back when.....when I was a girl, we lived on a farm & we used to get our own little production line going. I'd dispatch 'em, my mom would pluck 'em & my da used to draw 'em. All my little brother used to do was cut off the feet, he used to take them to school & sell 'em to other little horrors who'd chase the girls with 'em, pulling the tendons. We only did the broodies tho'.

Hi Granny

Post 3

AngelStardust

When I was in Infants, we had a smallholding nearby where they reared chickens for eggs and Xmas sales. Every year, just before Xmas, the man of the smallholding would dispatch the chickens, by cutting their throats over the (outside)toilet bowl, then a gang of us children would pluck them, while the old lady did the drawing etc, all by gas light.

The worst I have ever done was pheasants, when I was training to be a chef.smiley - erm

Hi Granny

Post 4

Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

I used to do it over a tin bath, the blood was saved, mixed with all sorts of other gunk & put on the fields smiley - yikes

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more