This is the Message Centre for soeasilyamused, or sea

Night Owl

Post 1

purplejenny

Hi Sea,

I work nightshifts. I work evening shifts. I work a confusing array of shifts actually, but thats not the point. Being awake when everyone else is asleep ~ I do that lots - i think that's the point. kindred spirit etc. Odd sensation innit? One night a week or two ago I couldn't sleep because it was too dark

As for intensity, headaches and inspiration

Ahh froggit. I'd offer you worldly wisdom and useful advice if i had any, but i don't. Sorry. How about a or smiley - tea

pj

Night Owl

Post 2

Researcher 178815

Hi purplejenny! smiley - smiley

I'm a friend of sea's.. we met in the bandwagon.. smiley - smiley

I love insomnia! smiley - biggrin Particularly because I have nothing better to do at this time of night than log on to hootoo! It's much quicker at this time of night smiley - smiley Though sea is probably having tea now... it's 3am here in england!

Oh..

= = smiley - huh
= = smiley - yikes
= = smiley - ale

put them into lower case smiley - smiley

Night Owl

Post 3

soeasilyamused, or sea

if by 'tea' you mean 'dinner', then yes. smiley - smiley and cheesecake for dessert!!!! smiley - biggrin

hi, purplejenny! wow, a kindred spirit, eh? what kind of job do you do? i hope to work in theatre, because (since plays are in the evening) the hours are good for me- nothing before noon and ending late at night. smiley - biggrin

Night Owl

Post 4

Researcher 178815

Yeah! smiley - smiley and Hurrah! for Cheesecake!!!! smiley - smiley
shall we form the insomniacs guild on h2g2? smiley - biggrin Nah, There's too many things To put in my name and space as it is.. I Still need to add the rest of clubs I'm part of to my space!!

Night Owl

Post 5

soeasilyamused, or sea

lol, me too!!!

Night Owl

Post 6

Researcher 178815

Well, once thursday/wednesday is here, That space is going! ALl i need to do is press CTRL+A and then Del. !!! and if I change my mind seconds later, CTRL+V!! hurrah! How simple is that??! You see I have a big knowledge of computers (not the actual insides thouggh..) but I just haven't got one... YET!! smiley - smiley Yyay i can play the HHGTTG clips on http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/hitchhikers

The moderators are strange if they remove that.. I once posted a link to My BBC to see it "Reomved by moderator"!!! smiley - laugh Honest!! http://www.bbc.co.uk/mybbc lets see ... smiley - biggrin

YAYAYAYAYAAYAYAYAYAY! smiley - smiley

Night Owl

Post 7

purplejenny

Hi All.

Thanks for the smiley tips. I do know that pint is smiley - ale and doh is smiley - doh but smiley - cheers all the same. smiley - smiley

Sea, I work for a website firm which needs 24 hour customer service cover for email and phone calls. I work from home which is ace, but i do some odd shifts in no particular pattern which is confusing and silly. I think that the 1am to 9pm shift is the hardest to remain awake for, wheras the 5pm to 1am shift is the most anti-social. I even get regular 9-5 shifts now and again.

The bit of London i live in has lots of 24 hour shops, cafes and dodgy booze dens, so its not too much of a strain. And I do enjoy having the whole day to myself sometimes - shopping and lunch with freinds tomorrow before the long lonely night shift...

An insomniacs club maybe a good idea, but there are so many researchers in different timezones that there is always someone to chat to here at h2g2.

Cya

pj

Night Owl

Post 8

Researcher 178815

That's the best part!!

Being awake to "Chat Live" to your friends from over the big puddle. smiley - biggrin

Especially Sea.. and Dragonfly.. oh, sea, Dragonfly, Shea. I'm sure there's more bt theyre who come to mind from USA first...

Hurrah! smiley - smiley

Night Owl

Post 9

soeasilyamused, or sea

lol!

wow, purplejenny... you're (i think) the fourth researcher i've talked to who works with computers and has odd hours! i guess it goes with the job.. smiley - smiley

Night Owl

Post 10

purplejenny

well, thats just the fundamentally interconnected super-speedy 24 hour wired world we inhabit these days. Innit. smiley - tongueout

pj

Night Owl

Post 11

soeasilyamused, or sea

lol! smiley - biggrin

Night Owl

Post 12

Researcher 178815

twiddlededum...

Night Owl

Post 13

soeasilyamused, or sea

exactly. smiley - smiley

Night Owl

Post 14

Researcher 178815

Twiddlede...

DEE!! smiley - laugh

enjoy your holiday, sea! smiley - smiley

Night Owl

Post 15

Yowuzupman- New Top Speed 122 (thats mph you metric fools)

Here's a Hell Yeah for night owls!

smiley - martiansmile

Night Owl

Post 16

soeasilyamused, or sea

yay! hi, yo!

we should start a Night Owl's Society... smiley - groan oh, no, not ANOTHER researcher group!!! smiley - winkeye

Night Owl

Post 17

Yowuzupman- New Top Speed 122 (thats mph you metric fools)

smiley - laugh there are alllota them aren't they? smiley - winkeye

Night Owl

Post 18

soeasilyamused, or sea

yeah... and i'm a member of WAAAAY too many... smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post