This is the Message Centre for Researcher 133029

Fishing June 19, 2000

Post 1

Researcher 133029

We spent an hour fishing. Not much was learned, but I did have some interesting things occur.

First came the rain. It was not really harsh, but I think the rain god in 'So Long and Thanks For All The Fish' would have enjoyed it. It was a soft light rain, and it wasn't cold. Quite pleasurable!

I think that affected the fish and our ability to catch them. I'll explain: We started by using only worms, but we slowly went to lures. I used a rather large looking minnow with a spinner on the line. I was thinking that the fish needed a little more to bring them about. Anyway, using the lure, I was bringing it very close to shore and it looked like something just swam right up to it and hit it really fast and hard. It was cloudy, but I put on the polarized lenses to watch what was happening. It looked like a bluegill, but it was quite fast and it was hiding at the bottom. I just dropped my lure into the water and it hit it again! It moved quite fast. I was sort of suprised! However, it was waaaay to small for the hook.

Anyway, we called it quits not soon after that. It was fun, but the coming rain made the fish completely hide. smiley - sadface The next couple of days call for rain, so it gives me time off to recouperate. Fishing may sound easy, but for someone as out of shape as I am, it's a workout. Mind you, that it's only walking, but seeing as how I sit in a chair all day, walking is a good thing.

Key: Complain about this post

Fishing June 19, 2000

More Conversations for Researcher 133029

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more