A Conversation for Low Brass Instruments

The Acrobat (ever heard that one?)

Post 1

jigglyfrog

Low brass instruments - yes. Sexy as they may be, and don't get me wrong, I like a bit o'bass, but why is it that, in youth bands at any rate, it appears to be the single handed responsibility of the lower brass players to be the jokers of the group? Interesting theory. It's like, because they can hide behind their instruments they think the conductor won't notice!

Post 2

KTrillion

In my opinion, it's the trombone players who are the jokers in every band. I think the strageness of trombone players comes with the instrument, as soon as you pick one up, the crazy side of any musician is let loose...

Post 3

jigglyfrog

That's so true actually! The three trombonists in the district band I was in when I was at school (only a year and a half ago!) were always introduced in concert solo's as the 'clowns of the band'. Haha. But they really were. Forget band leaders joking about - I'd rather have a good trombonist any day! smiley - nahnah

Post 4

anduril246

In my experiece its the sax players =who are the jokers particulary the alto's...

Post 5

Wøñkø

*defends trombones*

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more