A Conversation for International Dining Etiquette

Japan

Post 1

Smiley Ben

In Japan, to express delight at the meal, you are supposed to eat noodles as loudly as possible, slurping all the way!

Japan

Post 2

shika

hey smiley ben, have you been to japan? nihongo dekiru no? other interesting japanese eating habits include:
NEVER pass food to another person's chopsicks from your own chopsticks. this is very very bad.
and always pick up your rice bowl when you eat from it. picking up dishes and holding them while you eat is really convienient and comfortable.. i just wish my american mom didn't think it was so silly...
lets talk later,
shika

Japan

Post 3

Sam

Irrashaimasse!

Boku wa Sam desu, h2g2 Assistant Editor desu. Genki desu ka? Nihongo o chotto dake shaberu yo. Shika wa, Nihon-jiun desu ka?

Japan

Post 4

shika

chau! atashi wa amerikajin dakedo, nihon ni sunda. ryugakushita. Sam wa nihonjin? aim ga aru? chat shitai kara.. atashi no screen name wa "littleshika" dayo.. im shite choudai.. smiley - winkeye

ja ne,
shika yori

Japan

Post 5

Dinsdale Piranha

Stop showing off smiley - smiley

Japan

Post 6

Sam

Sorry smiley - smiley But if you knew just how stupid I am in real life, you wouldn't begrudge me a bit of Japanese every now and then smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more