This is the Message Centre for Sterling

Music Stress

Post 1

Sterling

It's not just that he didn't give an exact deadline. He didn't put me in a chamber group like everyone else. He said he'd organized something but then told me I should have done it. You see, I'm talking about school again: this time, a certain music teacher who is a bit vague about things. Basically, as part of my GCSE Music, I have to submit one recorded performance of me playing in an ensemble. Now, while the others in my year, who are doing music, (with one exception) all play fancy instruments like the oboe or the viola, I play only the piano. So, it seems I was forgotten while the music department put the pupils into chamber groups to organize this recording, and was left out. But is this their fault? No, it's mine, of course! Anyway, the point is, that last week, on Friday, I was told that the deadline for the recording was wednesday of the next week. Well, luckily, on that day, I had received from my piano teacher (a nice lady, who always seems to be very concerned about the state of disorganisation of the department) an ensemble piece. I had five days to make it perfect. I had received another piece (a little too hard for me, I think) a while back, but I didn't know it was to be recorded so soon. Well, I've done it now. And it didn't go too badly, I suppose. i can't wait for next year though - no more music!

Key: Complain about this post

Music Stress

More Conversations for Sterling

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more