This is the Message Centre for Jim Lynn

It's life Jim, but not as we know it.

Post 1

Researcher 38090

I'm sorry, I'm sure you must have explained this already somewhere or its really obvious, but I can't find any postings about it. What is the "goo" supposed to be? My best guess is either all the researchers as some sort of group mind, or the milky way. Or is it just sealing wax with the H2G2 stamp in it?

Post 2

Jim Lynn

The original idea was for it to be translucent blue, and it eventually evolved into what you see. It's a reaction to a lot of the angular designs of websites in general. It can also suggest a kind of bio-technology.

Post 3

Researcher 38090

When you add extra buttons to the goo, what do you think of using the far right blob as a click and drag activated arm like on a one armed bandit. This could then load a random page. (I've no idea how easy or difficult that would be at your end).

Post 4

Jim Lynn

Apart from the fact that a) it would take a Java applet or an ActiveX control to provide that kind of functionality and b) no-one would do it because it's not something you do on a web page, it's a fine idea.

But I think we'll stick with buttons for the time being. smiley - smiley

Post 5

beeline

Go orn - you could do that with a little JavaScript, surely?!

Post 6

Jim Lynn

Just because you *can* do something, doesn't mean that you should.

Post 7

beeline

I'm never sure if I can do domething until I've tried it, by which time it's too late!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Jim Lynn

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more