This is the Message Centre for Sho - employed again!

On the menu today...

Post 41

psychocandy-moderation team leader

White asparagus is milder tasting, no? I'd imagine the best way to have that would be steamed. I've only had it once. We're grocery shopping again today- I'll have to check for white asparagus, it should be in season now.

On the menu today...

Post 42

Malabarista - now with added pony

I don't particularly like the white kind myself smiley - laugh

On the menu today...

Post 43

Yarreau

I planted purple asparagus in my garden (a variety of the green stuff), but I haven't seen it this year. smiley - elvis
Should have weeded the bed in the fall... smiley - sadface

On the menu today...

Post 44

KB

Perhaps someone did, and that's the problem. smiley - winkeye

On the menu today...

Post 45

Yarreau

... and just to be sure, you want to check my compost heap, right? smiley - biggrin

On the menu today...

Post 46

Sho - employed again!

wish I had a compost heap!

TC - we are definitely a Spargelgebiet, and each village here has a Spargelfest too. The biggest one is in Effeld on Christi Himmelfahrt.

Mala - finding green asparagus round here is like trying to find rocking horse poo. And since I insist we only eat local asparagus it's very trying (although I'll accept any German green asparagus)

my smiley - chef does a nice warm green asparagus salad with some kind of blue cheese and walnut dressing.

On the menu today...

Post 47

Edward the Bonobo - Gone.

I *love* the word 'Himmelfahrt' smiley - biggrin As in 'Himmelfahrt Donnerstag'.

On the menu today...

Post 48

Yarreau

No such thing as lining up two nouns like that in German, I'm afraid... make it Himmelfahrts-Donnerstag! smiley - winkeye

On the menu today...

Post 49

Edward the Bonobo - Gone.

smiley - ta Always glad to learn.

On the menu today...

Post 50

psychocandy-moderation team leader

Tonight I marinated portobello caps in balsamic vinegar, white wine, Bragg's aminos and garlic, then cooked on the grill pan. Served on a whole grain ciabatta with lettuce and tomato (and I had red onion) with vegie mayo, Dijon mustard. Tater tots on the side. Yum!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Sho - employed again!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more