This is the Message Centre for Sho - employed again!

On the menu today...

Post 1

Sho - employed again!

... we're being vegetarian today. I was going to cook some spaghetti bolognase with Quorn mince to be eaten with carrot salad, while the Gruesomes were swimming.

But I decided that was too much like hard work and went for something much more complicated instead (!): Spinich/ricotta flan, carrot/orange salad (totally yummy, with ginger and garlic), green salad and potato salad (featuring home-mayonnaise)

Had to make the mayo too as we'd run out.

Really looking forward to dinnertime now! smiley - drool

On the menu today...

Post 2

A Super Furry Animal

I had some vegetarians round for dinner a few weeks ago.

They were tasty!

RFsmiley - evilgrin

On the menu today...

Post 3

Sho - employed again!

smiley - tongueout

On the menu today...

Post 4

A Super Furry Animal

What we really had was:

Traffic light soup
Ratatouille towers
Poached pears

RFsmiley - evilgrin

On the menu today...

Post 5

psychocandy-moderation team leader

Ratatouille towers. Yum.

I was going to make pasta with roasted asparagus for dinner tonight, but we had orzo pasta salad at the museum. I don't know if we should have pasta twice in one day.

All that stuff you're making sounds wonderful, Sho!

On the menu today...

Post 6

Sho - employed again!

I didn't do the pastry though. It was all totally delicious but smiley - chef made me save plenty so we can have it all again today.

Traffic light what, RF?

On the menu today...

Post 7

A Super Furry Animal

Traffic light soup: make three different kinds of roasted pepper soup (red, yellow, green) and pour them into the bowl so that the colours don't mix (I pour in red first, then add some yellow in the middle, and finish off with a dollop of green in the centre).

RFsmiley - evilgrin

On the menu today...

Post 8

Edward the Bonobo - Gone.

Pasta - see my 'Spoiled by choice' journal entry. I intend serving it with broccoli and red chilli.

On the menu today...

Post 9

Mmm, sounds good!

On the menu today...

Post 10

Sho - employed again!

Ah soup - we do soup like that but half/half in the plate.

I'm hungry again... we had the leftovers for dinner yesterday and it was still scrummy.

On the menu today...

Post 11

Malabarista - now with added pony

I really annoyed my stepfather yesterday, he slept through dinner and when he woke up, he found I'd made no meat and a lot of evil vegetables! He ate some toast quite aggressively.

The rest of us liked it, though. He doesn't like ribbon noodles, but they're our favourite. I made a sauce of aubergines (eggplant) and onions fried in a little olive oil, then added a little vegetable broth and tomato paste, some cherry tomatoes cut into quarters, and, most importantly, a walnut-sized piece of fresh ginger, chopped up small. It didn't need any other spices besides salt and a bit of white pepper.

We put some cheese on top, but it was smiley - drool without it, too, so it should be suitable for you, PC. smiley - smiley

On the menu today...

Post 12

I made a nice souffle omelette (where you whisk the whites first, then fold in the yolks after) to which I added chives, parsley and a little mint, a very finely chopped tomato and some feta.

On the menu today...

Post 13

I love tomato sauce with ginger. I occasionally make a fancy brunch type thing with potato pancakes and baked marinated tofu, then add the tofu marinade to tomatoes and make a sauce to cover it all. I sprinkle toasted sunflower seeds on top.

Now I'm getting hungry reading all this.

On the menu today...

Post 14

Sho - employed again!

We buy huge pieces of ginger, grate and freeze it. It's brilliant in carrot salad.

And since I introduced smiley - chef to Korean food, he's even decided that under certain circumstances Tofu can be tasty. smiley - magic

On the menu today...

Post 15

smiley - drool

I freeze big pieces of ginger and galangal. I also freeze lemongrass, which I buy in bulk because it's so much cheaper. Chili peppers and kaffir lime leaves, too.

Ginger is easier for me to grate when it's frozen anyway. Is it just me?

On the menu today...

Post 16

Sho - employed again!

Does the lemongrass go floppy when you thaw it?

On the menu today...

Post 17

Sho - employed again!

And the verdict on the ChickenLemongrassThaiThingy that we had today (with green salad, carrot salad and rice salad)
was a resounding

smiley - ok

from me and the Gruesome Twosome

Off to freeze some lemongrass now

On the menu today...

Post 18

KB

I had quite a nice dinner yesterday. Dead simple - some asparagus, rocket, feta, and various edible weeds that I just foraged out of the ground. It was delicious though - all the vegetables seemed to be full of fresh springtime sweetness. smiley - drool

I could quite easily be a vegetarian if it wasn't for the sausage habit I developed in Germany...

On the menu today...

Post 19

Sho - employed again!

oh that sounds yummy!

Today we're having lentil & tomato flan, carrot salad, green salad, potato salad & rice... salad.

Hmmmmmm.

On the menu today...

Post 20

Just in case anyone's not seen my recommended way with asparagus:

Whack the oven up to 11.
Toss the asparagus in olive oil
Sprinkle with a little sea salt
Top shelf of the oven - five minutes.
Squeeze of lemon.
Some shreds of pecorino (preferably) or parmesan.

I'm having that tonight!

Key: Complain about this post