This is the Message Centre for Sho - employed again!

Your opinion required

Post 1

Trillian's child

Hi Sho Can you join in the conversation here: http://www.h2g2.com/F36649?thread=75513&post=597581 Bossel (a few postings back in same thread) has suggested a German "web". We have the Bulettenbude which is a German "Kneipe" and now this should be a separate page with all German links. a) all German speaking and pro-German H2G2 Researchers b) internal links to everything about Germany c) external links to everything about Germany etc etc. It seems a good idea, and now we're trying to find a pithy name with - optimally - similarly ambiguous or apt meanings in both German and English. I have just suggested "Lustgarten" and do you know, I have no idea what the English reaction to that would be - is it known in the English-speaking world, does it have any connotations? What do you think?

Your opinion required

Post 2

Sho - employed again!

"Lustgarten" could come over a bit seedy? I'll give the braincells a bit of a whirl (just back of holiday yesterday, the mountain air has knocked my brain around a bit, not to mention Austrian/German!)
But, I'll have a look at the thread anyway, it's a good idea (even though my written German is atrocious)..... see you there smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Sho - employed again!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more