This is the Message Centre for JAVAM - Muse of Complicated User Pages and Navel Contemplation

No Subject

Post 1

Removed on request

Hi there!

Post 2

JAVAM - Muse of Complicated User Pages and Navel Contemplation

Hullo,

I like to think that the 'art-works' are not just a result of my HTML coding skill and do require an artistic bent, but what if I am wrong? smiley - yawn

If I post a tutorial I will be out of business before you know it. smiley - winkeye

Basically you need a good knowledge of HTML Tables, ROWSPAN, COLSPAN and Hex Colour codes. That is about it. The best way to work out what is going on is to view the source of one of the pages featuring a piece of table art and try and work out what is doing what. Maybe cut and paste it into WordPad/Notepad and have a play around.

You could cut 'n' paste it into an editor such as Dreamweaver or FrontPage, but it rather takes the fun out of it.

Sadly if you cannot locate the appropriate bit of code within the mire of source code, you are probably going to have trouble with the rest. So think of it as your first challenge.

The dividers on my page are tables within tables within tables and then I call a shim.gif to keep the spacing correct (the image does not exist but it is too small for the missing image reference to appear).

If you have any specific questions after looking at the code post them here and I will get back to you, but unfortunately I am so pushed for time at the moment that a full tutorial is at least a few months off.

Good luck!

No Subject

Post 3

Removed on request

Hi there!

Post 4

JAVAM - Muse of Complicated User Pages and Navel Contemplation

Try This:

<SMILEY TYPE="fish"/>

There is a 'live' example on my gallery page for you to check out.

I have not checked it in goo though, so let me know if there are any problems.

Cheers

Javam

No Subject

Post 5

Removed on request

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for JAVAM - Muse of Complicated User Pages and Navel Contemplation

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more