A Conversation for Cerebral Palsy

Well, what do you think?

Post 1

dawnhutter

I'd love some feedback on this, anyone got any? smiley - smiley

Well, what do you think?

Post 2

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

I was born with mild diplegic CP and so far, it doesn’t affect me that much although when people stare, I would like to smash their face in. I get tired easily sometimes and find it hard to walk long distances sometimes as well.

But it isn't the be all and end all. I have nobility, speech and everything else that comes with it so I reckon you could say I am actually quite lucky when you consider the other types.

Unfortunately I have some shakes too- my handwriting is terrible and I cannot carry liquid when walking unaided cos my centre of gravity could just lurch to the side or I could trip and then goodbye liquid!

The scissor walk I used to have and the swaying gait contributed to this a lot but since my hamstring op I think things have got better. Legs can still get tight and make it difficult to move sometimes but that’s easily got over with the application of heat.

I don't think cold weather and I agree at the moment.

Anna

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Cerebral Palsy

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more