This is the Message Centre for John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Ribbit , Ribbit!

Post 21

Pippa, The Garlic Munching Doughnut

Hello there John,
Well, I may have volunteered to host the page but I have no idea as to how to get started......do you think I need to write to the 'Authorities'? I think I should, anyway, if just to find out how......!
Right, acronyms, ok, do we want somthing catchy, I think that would be best, something that people go, 'Oh, that sounds catchy, I wonder what that is all about.....'smiley - winkeye
Here we go......
FROGGY-For the Rights Of the Green, the Grotty and the Yucky.....no, ok then.....um......well,I think it's quite good, actually......
Protect Amphibians From A Fate Worse than A Dried Up Pond, or PAFAFWADUP (pron. Pav-av-wad-up)(YinYang says it sounds like a Frog walking, if you say it with the emphasis on -av-, and she's right, you know smiley - smiley).....that's not much better, is it?smiley - smiley
Any way, I quite like FROGGY, besides, I've already drawn a really cool logo of a Frog........if you don't like them, you think of something, I'm not going to do this all on my own, you know, you two are the other founders......smiley - smiley

Moving on, I'm sorry but I don't know what Pick-of-the-Pops is. Cilla Black presents a dating programme called Blind Date, where, in the first half, there are 3 men, behind a screen, and a lady on the other side asks them three quesions an chooses one bloke who she likes the sound of, and likes his answers, and then they go on a 3 day holiday together. The second half has 3 women behind the screen, with a bloke asking the questions.
Both couples come back the next week to talk about it.
Some of the outcomes are hilarious, like if the couple end up hating each other, but there have been a few long lasting relationships, and even marriages stemming from the first date.
It's quite a crap programme, actually, always got on my nerves, to tell the truth.....!smiley - winkeye
Anyway, get on with finding acronyms people,
from
Doughnut
XXXXXX

Ribbit , Ribbit!

Post 22

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

What you'll need to do, I think, is open a new Guide Entry page and link it to your homepage. TV's Frink is an ace (and an ACE, come to think of itsmiley - smiley) at this sort of thing. In his Frink's Drinks thing, of which my Tibetan Greenhouse Dugout is a part, the Entries are used almost like posters, and all the activity takes place in the attached forum. Catchy is definately important, especially as a good many people never seem to be interested in looking for anything else... and it would be a shame if they missed us.smiley - winkeye How 'bout... Likers of 'Orrible Things Such as Amphibians and FROGS!... LOTSA FROGS! ...well, perhaps notsmiley - sadface
The Cilla Black program sounds like something that pops up here every once in a while. I think its first incarnation was Match Game, which followed the same format you describe. There is a new version this season that seems like a more cynical version of the original. I don't watch it. It seems that the older I get the more I reject live actors in favour of cartoons... second childhood already? Ah, why not... then maybe I'll have time for a third.smiley - bigeyes Pick of the Pops was probably TV's earliest attempt to present Pop music. I can't honestly say I remember much about it ( I wasn't sure that I hadn't imagined it; but now I'm fairly certain there was such a thingsmiley - winkeye). Ribbit!

JTG

Ribbit , Ribbit!

Post 23

Hmm... I just had a thought (which is always something I feel inclined to celebratesmiley - smiley): If you call your new page the'Frog Pond, home of the [whatever]',or something of the sort, you could probably incorporate it into the already extensive Frink's Drinks network, the most popular nexus in the Guide.smiley - smiley

JTG

Ribbit , Ribbit!

Post 24

Croak.......
I think FROGGY should be changed to 'Fighters for the Rights Of the Green, the Grotty and the Yucky' as opposed to just 'For the Rights...etc...'
So, crap dating games for people with no life exist over there too, I suppose every country must have one......
I think I shall take the prize for the shortest posting in this conversation...
Doughnut
XXX

Ribbit , Ribbit!

Post 25

Pipped at the post.smiley - smiley

Ribbit , Ribbit!

Post 26

Considering that there are a hundred some odd channels to choose from, it's astonishing the number of times you end up watching Simpsons re-runs.smiley - winkeye 'Quality' programming quite often means BBC police dramas, which, I'm beginning to suspect, are produced purely for export to America. The worst of the US game shows (surely the worst TV of all) on network television feature people who are obviously mentally deficient winning fabulous, not to say outrageous, prizes from Satan (Many variations on the same theme).
I have to admit to being a bit queasy about 'Grotty' and 'Yucky'; we are, after all, supposed to like them.smiley - winkeye
I had a conversation in another forum, some time ago, regarding the questionable Englishness of 'Ribbit'. The English frogs I remember all seem to have said 'Croak' (with various regional accents and dialectal variations). Some of my English friends, however, claimed that they now say 'Ribbit'; which, it seems to me, points to an alarming degree of insidious Americanization of either the people or the frogs... or both.smiley - smiley

JTG

Ribbit , Ribbit!

Post 27

YinYang

not yet.
smiley - smiley

Ribbit , Ribbit!

Post 28

YinYang

The Simpsons rule and French TV is worse, oh yes, yes it is!
Dubbed Sunset Beach, dubbed Hercules, News, Crappy french game show called 'Big Deal' (only, they spell it 'Bigdil', groan, let me die in peace Satan) and every Friday night, all night, on all three channels, is devoted to sport.........Yes, this is my own private hell, please leave a message of damnation after the tone, thankyou for contributing.......
Aaarrrrggggggghhhhhhhh!!!

There are some English programmes which you maybe will not have heard of, Emmerdale, set in rolling hills and farms, full of fat useless 'cun'ry stalk' ('country stock') called Mandy and Fred and that..... Coronation Street, where most of the action is Gossip over the corner-shop counter..... Ah, the interests of the British........ smiley - sadface (smiley - winkeye)Ahem.....

I like FROGGY. But how about FROGGIES- Fighters for the Rights Of the Green and the Grey In Every Situation. smiley - smiley
I think frogs go 'blurup'.
smiley - smiley
Doughnut
XX

Ribbit , Ribbit!

Post 29

By the way, that was me, but my mum forgot to log off last night and I forgot that it would be under her name......sorry.....smiley - smiley

Doughnut
XX

Ribbit , Ribbit!

Post 30

That was me 2......
cheesey smiley - smiley

Ribbit , Ribbit!

Post 31

Now I'm confused... but not about Emerdale farm, which featured Doctor Who companion Frazer Hines; Remember...

"LOOK AT THE SIZE O' THAT, DOCTOR!!!"

I must confess that I've really gone off Coronation Street; which seems to be about nothing more than a mottley group of ne'er-do-wells obsessing about their emotional problems... it far exceeds my limit of telly-folk-empathy.

I like FROGGIES... it's a name that inspires confidence... like the real Curries salesman.smiley - winkeye French telly sounds terrible, but no worse than you might expect of a country that makes an icon of Jerry Lewis. Ugh!

Is there anything specific I ought to be doing to contribute to the great advance in amphibious issues awareness?

JTG

FROGGIES are go!

Post 32

I just posted a message to Frink in Frinks Drinks, entitled 'Um......', asking him for help on getting the page started and adding it to the already substantial list......
What about, to steal your idea somewhat, 'The Garden Pond, Home of the FROGGIES' as a title for the page???
Let me know what you think.
And yes, try and do something at least a little constructive, John, dear, there's a good lad smiley - winkeye. Maybe you could check out potential members, or find us a cool moving picture, 'cos your page is full of them....smiley - smiley
well, must be sashaying along now.....
speak soon,
Doughnut
XX

FROGGIES are go!

Post 33

I have been busy too... well, a bit anyway. I found someone named Elittle, who wrote a page about frogs ( It's curious that more people haven't), and left a note telling her/him what we're up to and to drop you a note. Elittle hasn't been around for Alittle while, so he/she may not be active.

http://www.h2g2.com/U96019

Good work contacting TVF, he's a good bloke.smiley - smiley I think he will be into saving frogs too. Good choice of name too.smiley - smiley I'll have a look around later on to see if I can find a cool froggy picture. This is exciting.smiley - bigeyes

JTG

FROGGIES are go!

Post 34

Hi again... I'm back with some frogs.smiley - smiley

http://freestuff.co.uk/clipanim/animals/frogs/displayall.shtml

JTG

FROGGIES are go!

Post 35

very 'xciting smiley - bigeyes
Well done indeed JtG, YinYang sends you a cuddle, for some reason, she just said 'send him a cuddle from me', so I did, I have fulfilled my duty, now, we resume normal service......if there is such a thing when I am part of a conversation....smiley - winkeye
Right, well done, yes, um....oh yeah, I was a little disconcerted that the article told people to eat frogs, and so have made it perfectly clear to Elittle that no-one from FROGGIES will eat a Froggy.
Love the frog logo's. I've drawn one that I want to import but I liked the little baby one, in the red and white striped shirt, with the big eyes, on a lily pad an dYinYang liked the one with a thumping heart, who was raising his hat. We both liked the Frog in motion, continuous, not on the spot.... I'll have to see what I can do
Hug from me too, smiley - smiley
Doughnut
XX

FROGGIES are go!

Post 36

Gosh, two hugs! Well... hugs backatya!smiley - bigeyes

Glad you liked the frog pics... my favourite, I think, (tough choice) is the one of the tadpole ("pollywog" here) changing into the frog. Can't wait to see your frog drawing. I thought I might try to write something froggy this weekend... I don't know what yet though. Oh well, something will probably come to mind; curiously, it often turns out to be something completely unlike the thing I imagined. Still, that's what makes it fun.smiley - smiley

JTG

FROGGIES are go!

Post 37

I like hugs! They make me feel all fuzzy inside smiley - smiley
Yeah, I saw the tadpole-turning-into-frog, but YinYang and I thought that he didn't look too happy about it.......
Pollywog?!?!?!? what a weird name! I suppose, thought, that Tadpole isn't that much better when you look at it like thatsmiley - winkeye...... I think they should be called 'froglings' or........something........um....
Well, I'll have to find out how to import my froggy drawing, it can't be that difficult, can it.....?(how do you think you draw worried faces? Well, one of them anyway smiley - smiley)
Why don't you write something along the lines of one of your postings a few days ago, about what frogs actually say....is it 'croak', 'ribbit' or 'blurup'?!
Well, I'll speak to you soon, John, dear,
Hugglehugglehugglehug smiley - smiley
Doughnut
XX

FROGGIES are go!

Post 38

'Froglings' is a good name. 'Pollywog' sounds like somewhere desolate and dusty in the middle of Australia, not at all the sort of place a frog would be happy in. Actually as many people say 'tadpole' here as say 'pollywog', anyway... and most either switch back and forth or simply don't refer to baby frogs at all, if they can help it. We're very insecure when it comes to things like that or whether or not 'colour' should have a 'u' in it.smiley - winkeye You will have to link to another web site to put your drawing on h2g2, I'm afraid.smiley - sadface

Here's how I've been spending my evening:

http://www.H2G2.com/A252037

It isn't at all what I thought I would end up doing, but I hope it will be useful anyway. I may still try to write something... or maybe not; it is getting a bit late and, if past form is anything to go by, I won't really get started until midnight, then I'll be up all night.smiley - smiley

JTG

FROGGIES are go!

Post 39

Helo again, finally, John!
Our internet connection thingy has been messing us around a lot.....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
How fortuitous that you should be on the site just when the access thingy lets me access.......
I looked at oyur page that you wrote and meant to write you a message the same evening. I could surf around but it wouldn't let me write to anyone smiley - sadface
I checked out the Billy the Bear game......Really sweet......smiley - smiley
Thankyou so much for your hard work...and I mean that most sincerely
smiley - smiley
I have been told by TVF that I should join the misfits.....I will go and try to do that now....
Lots of love and hugs and apologies for being so late in writing back,
Doughnut
XXXX

FROGGIES are go!

Post 40

Hi. nice to have you back.smiley - smiley Glad you liked the frog links.smiley - smiley

JTG

Key: Complain about this post