This is the Message Centre for Jelly Bean

Howdy Ho!

Post 21

Jelly Bean

I actually did read one of those once. I can't recall a whole lot about it. (maybe all those drugs in the sixties did do more damage than I thought) Something about a turtle I believe. Still, when I did acquire a turtle of my own he still ended up being named Gammera. Lately, all I've been able to keep interested in the the Wheel of Time novels by Robert Jordan. A lot of fantasy, but a rather gripping tale nonetheless.

Howdy Ho!

Post 22

Jelly Bean

Since I am a rather pesky sales assistant I'll try not to take what you said seriously. smiley - sadface

Howdy Ho!

Post 23

Possum

Oh, whoops! Sorry, sorry, sorry!

*Blushes*

I hope you're not deeply offended. Of course I wasn't being serious. There's nothing I like better than pesky sales assistants. Given the choice between a sales assistant and, oh, gosh, anything, I'd always choose the sales assistant. Some of my best friends are sales assistants. Sales assistants are higher forms of life - I'm just a lowly, miserable, pathetic student....

Is that apology humble and grovelling enough? smiley - winkeye

So what type of sales do you assist? smiley - smiley

Howdy Ho!

Post 24

TIMELORD

yes GREAT A'TUIN the star turtle on which stand the 4* elephants that carry the discworld.
There are three types of discworld books rincewind(wizzards)/witches(granny weatherwax,nanny ogg**,magrat)/and the watch or police.
*Is last book was called the 5th elephant but i have not read it yet.
**she as a cat called greebo.

Howdy Ho!

Post 25

Jelly Bean

Actually, I sell plants for a large company here in FL. You know, landscaping and other reasons to get outside and enjoy the sun. It can be quite fun; standing outside and working on my tan while surrounded by beautiful flowers. smiley - smiley

Howdy Ho!

Post 26

Jelly Bean

As in Greebo's Chesire Grin Inn? I've had a visit there. I haven't had much time to stay take in all the local color, but I plan to spend some time there drinking and visiting with the residents.

Howdy Ho!

Post 27

Possum

Well, that sounds really nice. I guess there's not very many opportunities to be pesky though, selling plants. Or are there?

Howdy Ho!

Post 28

Jelly Bean

I'm not a terribly pesky person. I usually have too many things to do rather than harass the customers. How about you? Are you truly a night creature? Many of my friends are. It is just about impossible to get them to venture out in the daylight.

Howdy Ho!

Post 29

TIMELORD

I work nights so i have no chioce but to be a night person but even when i didn't work i was up until 3am most nights.
Now i just sleep at strange times with the arm hurting i could not get more than 3 hours at first some times i would knock it in my sleep and wake up im almost back to 6 hours at a time now but i feel i need a good sleep to catch up.
You are lucky to live by the sea... oh i do like to be beside the seaside ...oh no now that tunes going round in my head all night.
I live about as far away from the sea as you can get in england about 70 miles each way.

Howdy Ho!

Post 30

Possum

I certainly am - I wouldn't be much of a patron saint otherwise, now, would I?

Although I venture out in the daylight quite a lot. Life's too short to spend asleep, isn't it?

Howdy Ho!

Post 31

Jelly Bean

Poor Baby, What'd you do to your arm?

Howdy Ho!

Post 32

TIMELORD

I thought i told you sorry i broke it playing football with my nephew.

Howdy Ho!

Post 33

TIMELORD

Hi there jelly bean hows the beach.

Howdy Ho!

Post 34

Jelly Bean

The beach is great! I finally got around to seeing it again. I've been real busy at work. We opened up a new store and I've been getting a great deal of overtime. Now the grand opening is done with so I can get back to my regular schedule of goofing off at the beach and on the computer. How's the arm?

Howdy Ho!

Post 35

TIMELORD

The arm is great now it still hurts when i try to do to much but the doctor does not want to see me again(which i am very glad about he only asked me to move it up and down and i had to wait 3 hours to see him).

Howdy Ho!

Post 36

Jelly Bean

No more Doctor visits, no more pain pills, that is just too bad. Maybe you can break something else. ;-}

Howdy Ho!

Post 37

TIMELORD

Maybe what part of YOUR body would you like be to break.
I never take pain killers i don't like them they wanted to give me a injection when i did it but i said no.
A bit strange perhaps but thats me summed up in a few words.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Jelly Bean

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more