This is the Message Centre for Jelly Bean

Good evening (or night, or morning, or whatever)

Post 1

Possum

I'm just here to welcome you (unofficially) to the guide.

*small fanfare*

Hi. smiley - smiley

Post 2

TIMELORD

Hi there and welcome to h2g2 i hope you like it here we are a friendly bunch feel free to look round read a few homepages (a good way to do this is click the who's on line link on the front page then click a few names)or to read mine click my name.if you like what you see leave a message.

Post 3

Shorty

And now I am here to welcome you officially. Welcome to H2G2, earth edition. I'm Shorty, one of the Assistant Community Editors around these parts and one of my jobs is to welcome newbies to the site and make them feel welcome smiley - smiley. Feel free to look around and visit my homepage at http://www.h2g2.com/u91398 which has lots of useful links on it to help you find your way around. Also if you have any questions I'll do my best to answer it, and if I can't one of the other ACE's will. Oh, and you may need a towel and one of these smiley - fish,

See you around.

Shorty smiley - smiley

Thanx

Post 4

Jelly Bean

Hey there,
I happen to be a bit of a Dr. Who fan myself. Unfortunately, whenever I mention this little bit of trivia about myself I'm usually greeted with blank stares or incredulous looks. Still, it is a little guilty pleasure of mine.
Anywhoo, thank you for the kind welcome. I've been wondering what kind of people are still fans of the HHGTTG, even after all these years. I read the books while still in high school and have yet to find anything that matches the joy I found when reading them. (I still giggle when I remember how much time I spent memorizing the wonderful poetry.) Still, life goes on, things come and go, and other useless platitudes.
JB

Wheretoforeartthou?

Post 5

Jelly Bean

Thank you for the loan of a towel. smiley - smiley
Its nice to find someone who will take a girl by the hand and offer their assistance. I haven't any pertinent questions right now but I would like to say how pleased I am to find some place where deranged individuals like myself can discuss their weird obsessions without too much scorn and derision. I look foward to learning the meaning of liff and such from all of the enlightened individuals that are so blessed to be able to write for this esteemed depostitory of wisdom.

Thanx again,
JB

Howdy Ho!

Post 6

Jelly Bean

Thank you friend,

I have always relied on the kindness of strangers. Of course, there aren't many who are stranger than I. Still, it is good to be welcomed with open arms by a group that have no other motives than to be friendly.

Grins all around,
JB

Howdy Ho!

Post 7

TIMELORD

Who says we don't have any other motive?

Howdy Ho!

Post 8

Jelly Bean

Well, it couldn't be monetary 'cause I don't have any. It might be sex, but I don't get a whole lot of that either. What else could it be . . . ?

Howdy Ho!

Post 9

Possum

My motive is to use you to take over the world...damn! *don't tell her that! Fool!* I mean, yes, my motive is just to be friendly.

Howdy Ho!

Post 10

TIMELORD

OK i will wecome you with 1 open arm*i see you have made friends on your first day thats a good sign and me and possum talk a lot on here.
*the over one is broke long story that i have told once somewere on here.

Wheretoforeartthou?

Post 11

TIMELORD

depostitory of wisdom you are new here we can tell

Wheretoforeartthou?

Post 12

Jelly Bean

Just trying to butter you folks up. I figure, the more asses I kick, er . . . KISS, yeah thats it KISS, the more friends I make and the less likely I will become the fodder for the great war machine that will eventually take over the earth.

Howdy Ho!

Post 13

Jelly Bean

Gee, I like friendly people. smiley - bigeyes
*World domination? . . . that can't be good*

Howdy Ho!

Post 14

TIMELORD

Depends on if you are the dominators or dominatees.

Howdy Ho!

Post 15

TIMELORD

p.s if you read my homepage you will find somewere a A to Z of sci-fi,a sci-fi quiz(sorry if its a little hard the next one should be easyer it would have been up now but for the arm),and an interview with paul darrow(avon in blake's 7)

Howdy Ho!

Post 16

Possum

It's not so much World Domination as just taking over. I don't want to dominate things - where's the fun in that? smiley - winkeye

I like friendly people too. Friendly people are good. People who are too friendly aren't good. They're bad.

Howdy Ho!

Post 17

Jelly Bean

What if you are a dominatrix?

Howdy Ho!

Post 18

Jelly Bean

I know what you mean, if they are too friendly it just gets downright creepy.

Howdy Ho!

Post 19

TIMELORD

Funny books you could try terry pratchett's discworld books there very funny and you would get to know were a few names on here come from*.
*greebo/granny weathwax to name but two

Howdy Ho!

Post 20

Possum

Like sales assistants, for example. There's nothing worse than a pesky, creepy sales assistant, especially in clothes shops. I don't know about you, but I like to actually decide for myself which clothes I'm going to buy when I'm going to be spending the small fortune that clothes cost nowadays.

Actually, though, on second thoughts, there are worse things than pesky sales assistants. That was a flippant remark. I should think that falling of a cliff is worse. Or having gangrene. Or skydiving only to find out halfway down that there's no ripcord. For example.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Jelly Bean

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more