This is the Message Centre for glamse

Hello and welcome!

Post 1

SilverSolstice

Welcome to h2g2! An ACE (Assistant Community Editor; they're the official meeters and greeters) should be around soon to say hello, but there's lots of new users today, so it may be they haven't been able to get round to everyone yet (there were 97 users logged on earlier! There have never been that meny before in my memory.). In the meantime, you can ask me any questions you might have. I suggest keeping up with the fromt page - it's updated every weekday and has links to the newcomers' page, the ACEs' page, and to the newest approved entries as well as the busiest forums and particularly interesting entries (currently under the heading of A Peck of Peta's Picks, but that's soon to change, I hear.). Have a great time here!

SilverSolstice

Hello and welcome!

Post 2

glamse

Yes, I'm one of the 50 million invaders who saw the article in www.wired.com, and will soon destroy the neighborhood. Hopefully not. Thanks for your quick response & helpful spirit.

Aloha

Hello and welcome!

Post 3

SilverSolstice

So that's where everybody came from! I was wondering. Usually, you see, if Adams is going to be appearing somewhere or there's going to be a program about us, we're warned, so ACEs will know to be on duty. A few weeks ago there was something on the BBC about us and Peta recruited us sub-editors as honorary subs. No one knew about this, though; or if someone did he didn't get the word out. I'll have to pop over and look at that article.

And we like invaders, except when it slows down the system (in fact, that's what tipped me off earlier). It's much better now, though; we're down to the 50s and so everything should be back to (relative) normal.

Hello and welcome!

Post 4

glamse

The article is http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,36214,00.html

It should be interesting to see how the membership changes/ increases in the next several days.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for glamse

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more