This is the Message Centre for Keaonearth

hallo

Post 1

SilverSolstice

It looks like you've got a sense of humor similar to mine smiley - smiley

As it also looks like you've read through most or all of the instructions and info, you probably don't need any advice as to where to go or what to do, but if you have any questions, just ask me. I'd be glad to help. And have a good time here!

SilverSolstice

hallo

Post 2

Keaonearth

Hello, my first human (I think so, cause you seems to be) friend in this "internet-spaced-place"! Just 27 minuts after I made my first (!) entry on this site, I received your answer - the first answer.
Really, I've only needed a few of minutes to ounderstand all the (very, very difficult!) rules of h2g2, and the even next few minutes I adapt the pretend text (this was only a practice...).
I do that things, cause I'm a German and I've got never (never!) learned the English Language by scool, but all autodidactiv (that may be the reason, that some words I write are not fully perfectly).
But (and but and but and but) I think to know, that in this way I have a really chance to better my english (not at least because I think, that all People on this site have lectured one ore all or all and one more of the books of Douglas Adams and they are in cause of that - for me - good, "really-thinking" people, they wood help me with pleasure).

Sometimes Yours - KEAONEARTH

P.S. (What "KEAONEARTH" means, I will tell you a little bit later - if you're interested)

hallo

Post 3

SilverSolstice

Yes, I am interested. smiley - smiley

If you want to improve on proper English, this isn't the place, because people make mistakes while typing in and use imaginary words or misspell the words they do use, but it would be good practice, I think. I know that wouldn't be nearly comfortable enough with my Spanish to become a member of an all-Spanish web community, so I appllaud your courage. Good luck.

I am quite human, I assure you

hallo

Post 4

SilverSolstice

That should be, applaud, not appllaud

hallo

Post 5

Keaonearth

You say, this wouldn't be the place, to improve on proper English. But "all the mistakes people make while typing in and all that imaginary words they use" are for me like little holes in the smooth surface of a rock, which I want to climb. My way to learn something is always, to look, how it should be (e.g. described in a book), to look, how it really is (e.g. just here) and to research the recognized differences.

Do you really think, h2g2 is an all-English community? Should it be and stay that?
I don't think so. Time after time will it change to a multilingual, multiculturale institution - ant that must to be so, because h2g2 is a guide to the hole Earth.

Now about "KEAONEARTH": some times ago i've seen a documentary on TV about very interessant birds in "Down Under": Kea's. This birds have so many of human peculiaritys, that it seems, as would be they a "Livin' Cartoon". Since that time I use often the word "KEA" as or as a part of a pseudonym. The extension "ONEARTH" can be interpreted in different ways, so e.g. as "ON EARTH" or as "ONE ART H" or as"O NEAR T H" or ... However.

At last: aha, you are human. Soso.

hallo

Post 6

SilverSolstice

By all-English, I mean that all approved entries are in English (British English, to be more precise), almost all forums are in English, and so on. I am aware, though, that many users are not native English speakers, and I do hope that h2g2 does become multilingual outside of the Polyglot Plaza http://www.h2g2.com/A271379 and a few forums. Then it would truly be a world-wide site.

I do suppose you're right about comparing how it's supposed to be with what it is and learning from it. Good luck.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Keaonearth

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more